Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 06:01 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Running trails in San Jose

I love the Los Alamitos Creek Trail! It's long, flat, and has a dirt path for most of the way. Living pretty close to it, this trail is my go-to for sure.

What's your favorite trail in San Jose? Dirt? Asphalt? Terrain?

Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 PM  

San Jose, CA
The run up Mt. Uminum in old Almaden is very good but you have to like the hills. The views at the top are excellent. Watch out for the occasional but usually rarely seen Mtn. Lion.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:10 AM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipLash View Post
The run up Mt. Uminum in old Almaden is very good but you have to like the hills. The views at the top are excellent. Watch out for the occasional but usually rarely seen Mtn. Lion.
I have heard that about the Uminum trail. I was thinking that although it's tough, it would be a good place to train for the Big Sur marathon in May, since the course is pretty well known for it's elevation changes. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:29 PM  

I like the trail that starts in Alviso and runs along the creek, you pass 237, Montague, and you run past the Airport, I believe it is the Guadalupe CReek. Anyone confirm that this is the same trail that goes through Campbell into Los Gatos? I started from Campbell once, but never went Alviso to Campbell.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Jose
Bookmark this Page!