Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2008, 06:42 PM  

3 resignations on P&Z?

At Tuesday's P&Z meeting it was mentioned that there have been 3 resignations. That would be 3 in one week including Mr. Terry. I have it on good faith that all three were forced resignations due to attendance or property ownership issues. Anyone know more about this?

Old 08-29-2008, 07:25 AM  

San Marcos
I have no idea, but that is interesting.

It seems unlikely that Newman would run for mayor if he was booted from P&Z for attendance. Also, I've seen him at a City Council meeting from time to time, so he doesn't seem to have a problem getting there.

He lives on Holland St, so I'm not sure what the residence issue would be. Of course, I have never camped out in front of the house to see if he really lives there, but I would be surprised if he doesn't.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:07 AM  

Are P&Z members allowed to run for Council, while still serving? That may be the reason.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 AM  

Newman is not on P&Z.

The three that resigned or were absent are Fred Terry, Ruben Baccera, and Steve Kline. Terry claimed to have resigned due to running for Council but that does not explain the sudden resignation of the three of them. Like I said, a little birdy (a very believable birdy) told me that all three were forced resignations due to issues posted above.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 AM  

San Marcos
My bad. Wrong candidate.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:32 AM  

Check the council agenda. There is a line item for Tuesday's meeting about removing Planning and Zoning commissioners.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:40 AM  

Attendance is an issue. If somone can not attend meetings they shouldn't take a job.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:33 PM  

I agree 110%. Fred's attendance is perfect, though. I know for a fact that he was asked to resign, not because of his council asperations but becasue of land ownership requirements.

This is no way against Fred. I am wondering why our City Council decided to enforce attendance and ownership requirements all of a sudden. What is the underlying agenda here? Fred has not owned land in the city the last time he was re-apointed and before. Steve Kline has been absent at most P&Z meetings. Ruben misses the one meeting that makes him go under the required % and all of a sudden it is an issue.

Seems like someone was trying to get Ruben off P&Z and opened the can of worms that got some of the others off as well.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:36 PM  

Two commissioners removed, one resigns

This article addresses these p&z vacancies but one suspects there is more to the story.

http://www.sanmarcosmercury.com/2008...-in-pz-shakeup

by BRAD ROLLINS
Managing Editor

The city council this week removed two planning and zoning commissioners and forced the resignation of a third in a purge of the body that sits squarely in the middle of development debates.

Without public discussion, city council members voted unanimously on Tuesday to remove commissioners Ruben Becerra and Steve Cline after weeks of behind-the-scenes maneuvering at City Hall. The council was also moving toward removing commission chair Fred Terry but he resigned last week to run for city council in a race from which his only opponent, Saul Gonzales, has since withdrawn.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!