My boyfriend and I have been a little bored lately. We're both under 21 so can't really go downtown and have some fun. Well we could but it's not that fun not being able to drink and stuff. So I was hoping someone had some cool ideas of things we could do in this town, besides hang out at a persons house and smoke weed and drink like everyone else. stuff gets old.
Go to the Texas Ski Ranch.
IH 35 just north of New Braunfels on the east side. If your heading south look for the big Antique building and then all the mobile homes, then you'll see the ranch sign.
They have: (in my humble opinion)
1. A ****ty, stupid, ****ed up skate park that isn't worth bung.
2. A cable wake board system that is not cheap to ride but looks like so much fun, you can wakeboard, wakeskate, or kneeboard.
3. A water ski lake where if your lucky they'll take you out on a real boat (one of those $40,000.00 X boats).
4 A pretty decent sandy beach with palm trees and lounge chairs that you can hang out at and watch the cool kids.
5. A great bar with an awsome patio to watch all the cool kids.
6. Cheap food, Sysco quality or less, served by kids who would rather be out on the water than bringing you cool beer in a plastic cup.
I don't know anyone there, and am not promoting this place for any other reason than it's cool place to hang. Went there once with the ol' lady and had a pretty good time, didn't ski, just drank and ate on the patio.
Let me think of something else fun you can do.......
wow the ski ranch seems pretty cool. i thought it was just for like competitions or something. someone told me they had like trick competitions. um i dont know somethin like that. but yah i'll probably go check that place out. get some sun. watch some cool kids. check out the ****ty skate park. i didnt know they had a beach either. well i'm excited bout that one. thanks. yah let me know of any other ideas you come up with.
8) Yah, you can see more pictures of the ski ranch @ http://www.texasskiranch.com/ they host lots of events during the summer, and like A2 said have this cable driven wakeboarding thingie....altho it is pretty xpensive..but the beach is always nice.
....wonder if they let u bring beach balls and all taht good stuff?
Cutey, I think there may be a few bars downtown that are 18 & up. The last few times I was at Draft Choice it was, check it out. Once youre in you can get someone of age to get you drinks. But there are all kinds of places to check out in and around San Marcos. The falls at Thompsons Island, Little Arkansas, 5 Mile, Sewell Park...just to name a few. Rent a couple of kayaks and go down the river.
You are privaleged to be young and in San Marcos, take advantage of it!! I did, and dont regret anything, lol.
I still go back to party there now and then, this coming weekend being one of the now's.
Yeah I guess there are some bars downtown that are 18 and up. I suck though 'cause I dont really like swimmin in the river 'cuase it's damn cold, seaweed is sick, and sewell park these days is really trashy. It's sad. So if I go there I'd just be sittin around, defeating the whole purpose of going. But I guess I can catch a tan. THanks for the ideas. heh. even though I have lived here all my life and know bout most of those places. How often do you come to san marcos lexled?
I come as often as I can during the spring and summer. One of my best friends still lives there and I visit often. I work M-F so when I go to SM its on weekends. Taking this Friday off and going, meeting another friend that lives elsewhere in SM for a weekend of river and partying. Planning another trip for August, fantasy football draft. Now that we all live elsewhere, SM is like our meeting place. We get suites at the hotels and just party all weekend.
Did you go to SM High Cutey? Im friends with the Mens BasketBall head coach Castillo. We go to the gym and play ball there when in town, love that purple gym!
8) Hey that's cool u know the coach? I used to play w/ him as well when i was going to goodnite junior high. I know live next to him..live on the corner of the street. Doesn't bother to say hi..but nevertheless he's a good guy