Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2007, 10:41 PM  

Another three years!

Texas State students are ecstatic that they get to spend three more years being treated as second class citizens!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:55 PM  

Hooray!

We've moved up from being prisoners to second class now.

:-D

Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 AM  
A2

Here is a great little movie that our very own CM1277 put together.

How come you didn't post this up before the election ?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:51 AM  

San Marcos
How, specifically, are students treated as second class citizens?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 AM  

don't try to rationalize with them. they have selective hearing. i mean come they supported jude. jude "i won't let go" prather, despite saying he would.

jude can't even keep his word BEFORE he's in office. LOL
Old 11-13-2007, 08:12 AM  

San Marcos
But, I would like to know. I think part of the problem is that neither side acknowledges the issues of the other. I was a student once, but maybe it was too long ago and the issues have changed, or my memory of them has faded.

I'd like to know what they are.

Perhaps the dream of certain people on this board acknowledging the issues of the non-students will never be realized, but at least I can do my part.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:27 AM  

I have heard that this doctored youtube video was produced by the new City Council Liason from the Texas State Student Council. Great news. Why did he chop it up and take Bose's words out of context? I guess he wouldn't be as successful at creating anger among student voters.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 AM  

It's more chop quote edited, not so much doctored. You can make George Bush advocate bombing New York with the right edits.

My question is where in the video does Bose compare students to prisoners? Unless all the students live in Sagewood and are breaking the law, you cannot logically infer that bose is comparing students to prisoners. Hell all the problems that people complain about in Sagewood are not solely attributed to students. cm1277 do you believe all students live in Sagewood and cause trouble or are you just an ineffective liar.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 AM  

Thanks Brete. Doctored is the wrong word and chop edited is more accurate. I only watched it once, but I did not hear him say students should be treated as prisoners. I guess this is the type of negative campaigning we can expect in the future for San Marcos. I hope I am wrong.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:42 AM  

San Marcos
What is interesting is that there are only about 300 residents on Sagewood and the university and others are quick to point out that at least half of them are not students.

So there are no more than 150 students there, out of 30,000 total. That's not even 1/2 of 1% and there hasn't even been an assertion that all of those 150 students are part of the problem. So Bose was comparing less than 1/2 of 1%, those who are breaking the law, to prisoners.

How does anyone, other than a politician with a campaign to run, equate that to comparing the students to prisoners? By that token, since half the people he was talking about are not students, he is comparing all non-students to prisoners as well.

How dare he!

Interestingly, he was discussing the fact that there are countless violations of all sorts of ordinances over there and very few citations had been given up to that point. This is evidence that the residents of that neighborhood, students and non-students alike, have been given preferential treatment, not that they have been treated as 2nd class citizens, as some have said.

Of course, all of the students in that area who are not part of the problem, who simply want to study and better themselves and have to live in that ghetto with no action by the city or the university to clean it up, they may feel like 2nd class citizens, but rest assured, that’s how we all get treated.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.