Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 AM  

Rivendells will be missed

I went to Rivendells many times over the years, I'll miss it. The owners were great folks, hope they're doing great.
Wow, Mosscliff, that brings back memories, I only went there a few times, but have memories of sitting on the floor and eating great food there.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:48 PM  

I used to visit Rivendell's around 1990 or so, when I'd finally graduated highschool and was going to SWT. I spent nearly every day there talking to their cook, a wonderful old English man who stank of cigarettes and the troubles of life, but whose heart was bigger than the land the place sat on. I loved him like family. Me being a young woman, him being an old man, my parents flipped out he was going to try to molest me or something stupid. They forced me to stop hanging out there. It devestated me.

I wish I knew whatever happened to him. I never even knew his last name. All I know is if I could ever see him one last time, or even hear of family he had, I'd say I loved him possibly better than my own parents. Those were the best moments of my youth. We even made our own homemade churned butter together, with a little hand churning machine over a small bucket I helped him find and wash out thoroughly.

Those were the days...

P.S. Anyone on here remember SWT's 1990's Science Fiction and Fantasy Society? I'd love to find some of its old members, like "Pam'n'Randy", "Kim'n'Henry", Michael "Bruno" Bruno, Ricky Lattie.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads