Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2008, 01:35 PM  

San Marcos
Attorney recommendations

Someone asked me the other day if I knew a good attorney. It never really occurred to me before that there just isn't all that much information out there to help with this and it can obviously be a big decision.

For criminal work, I definitely recommend Billy McNabb (http://www.billymcnabb.com) or Chevo Pastrano. I've sent a few people to both and it has always worked out well. I'd have to think awhile on a civil attorney.

With all the DWI, PI, hot check and other arrests in town, this must come up a lot. Anyone else have any positive or negative reviews?

Old 02-18-2008, 04:17 PM  

I was on the receiving end of the hood of a 72 Oldsmobile while I was on my bike about 6 years ago and used Brad Houston in Austin for a personal injury attorney. I'd highly recommend him. As for local, I don't know.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:33 PM  

A Good Lawyer - Tom Garner

Back in the early 90's I was injured in a car accident and couldn't get the insurance company to do squat. I retained Tom Garner and got a decent settlement tout suite. I think he handles just about anything. He used to be officed just west of the square on San Antonio St. He struck me as a real fine person and I'd recommend him to anyone. I've had some bad lawyers in my day and hope my experience can be helpful to someone.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 PM  

Local Attorney Recommendation

Catherine Clayton defended a friend of mine who had been repeatedly beaten by her boyfriend. When she fought back successfully one time, the slime-ball charged her with assault with a deadly weapon (fire poker). Catherine Clayton got her acquitted. Pro bono. A damn good, local attorney.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:27 PM  

Re. Tom Garner & Catherine Clayton

I think both Tom Garner and Catherine Clayton are in the same building at 138 W. San Antonio St.(it's the interesting little historical bldg.). McNeal Garner & Lippe have their offices there. I don't know if Catherine works with them or is just officed in the bldg. I think her mother was the county tax assessor for a long time. Anywho, I've heard good things about both of them. I have been lucky enough to have never needed the services of an attorney so my recommendation is second hand but based on the opinion of people I trust.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads