Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 AM  

San Marcos
OK, so I've had D,blazio's quite a few times now. I still can't remember what went wrong the first time, but it did not repeat itself. I suspect it was slow delivery, but we've been picking up our orders, so I can't really comment on the delivery times now.

The pizza is good. Not the greatest I've had, but one of the top 3 in town, I think.

I have not been back to Zen's, since the last bad pie. When they were good, they were in the top 3 too. When they were bad, they had me wishing for dried-up Double Dave's buffet.

I still put Craig O's in the top 3 as well. The service is always fast and friendly and the food is very good. The acoustics are still a real problem, but that's my only real complaint.

The other top 3 is probably Italian Garden.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 AM  

Where is Craig Os? Didn't see it in the yellow pages under Pizza.

Nice to see a post on something nonelection related.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 AM  

San Marcos
Craig O's is across the highway from the Outlet Mall, in the same little strip mall as Starbuck's.

The pizza and calzone's are very good and they have some sort of grilled ckicken salad that my wife loves.

I agree. The election stuff is starting to wear on me too.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:07 AM  

Cool, A-2 mtold me about that place hadn't been there yet.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:36 PM  

I grew up on NYC Pizza...

I grew up on NYC pizza, living 40 minutes from Manhattan, and I'd have to say the closest you will get in this town is Zen's or D'Blazios. When Zen's reheats the pizza at the eatery, it gives it a crispness that you get with the good NYC pies. As for D'Blazios, they're great but expensive. Either way, you get a good pie. :biggrin:
Old 02-04-2008, 01:35 PM  

Picked up a D'Blazio's yesterday and was very happy with it. Would highly recommend them.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:04 PM  

Valentino's

Are you guys crazy...
Where is Valentino's on everyone's list? I like D'Blazzios but one time I got a pie and it was burnt on the bottom of half of it. I haven't tried Zen's yet but I think I might soon after reading all this. My friends are always talking about Zen's "Hemp Brownies" lol.

But everyone needs to go try out Valentino's. It's on the square a few spots down from Cafe on The Square. And kinda by Sean Patrick's.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:28 PM  

San Marcos
I haven't had Valentino's in probably 10 years, so I can't comment. When I was in school and up until I stopped going, they were ok, but not spectacular. Of course everyone has his/her own tastes and opinion.

Maybe they're better than they were. Maybe they just aren't my taste.

I really like D'blazio's, but they are almost as flaky as Zen's. I've never had bad pie from D'blazio's (I have from Zen's), but I've had a hell of a time ordering sometimes. Maybe they have really bad cataracts or something, because I swear they are stoned out of their brains half the time and the other half the phone just rings and rings and rings.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:12 PM  

Valentino's is good, but a very different pie than Zen's or D'Blazios. I like Zen's a lot, but they are very inconsistent with their hours and whether they are delivering or not. The owner will close the place early if it's slow, which is annoying when I want a pie an hour before they are supposed to close. At that point I go for D'Blazios or Valentino's. And yes, D'Blazios does have a habit of burning their crusts on the bottom.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:11 PM  

zen's

so i finally went to zen's last week and i must say that yes it was GREAT!

i got the double bacon cheese burger pizza, and pretty much ate the whole pie alone. haha. actually half. it was sooo good. the only thing was that it took forever! and half the time the tv wasn't on so my friend and i just kinda sat there. the table was so long that we felt like we were yelling at eachother. it was just a weird shaped table for two.

but i will say the pizza was delish!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!