Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Casa Garcias

I ate there.

I did not like it.

Everything was bland. I did like the chips and salsa, and the prices were great, but it was quasi TexMex and I won't be going back.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I would kill for "quasi" anything right now thats closer to authentic to Sonoran style out here.
Quasi Tex-Mex works well for me.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
When I asked our local place "Iguana Azul" why their food was bland, they said Americans wouldn't eat real Mexican food. My daughter worked for several years with people from Mexico, Guatemala etc and can fix everything authentic. I love it.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:26 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I would kill for "quasi" anything right now thats closer to authentic to Sonoran style out here.
Quasi Tex-Mex works well for me.
I can appreciate that. After a while I will settle on any taco if I can't have a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
When I asked our local place "Iguana Azul" why their food was bland, they said Americans wouldn't eat real Mexican food. My daughter worked for several years with people from Mexico, Guatemala etc and can fix everything authentic. I love it.
They seems to provide things they think we'll like without ever considering we like what they like.

If I wanted to eat bland I could make it myself.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:56 PM  

I'll second your opinion on Casa Garcias. I've eaten there a couple of times and always had pretty awful service and the food was nothing to speak of.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.