Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2011, 02:13 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Cigar Shops San Macros

Who uses a local Tobacconist?

Where are they? I know there's a shop on the square, but is that it?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Who uses a local Tobacconist?

Where are they? I know there's a shop on the square, but is that it?
If you are referring to Hill Country Humidor, I would give them your business. Rob is the owner (I've known the guy since I was a kid wandering around his shop sniffin jars of pipe tobacco!!!) and an old Texas outlaw. The guys who hang out there have a ton of tall tales to tell, Rob is knowledgable about his product, and they are a true local business that deserves support.

I bet Rob still has a note in his register from my step-dad giving me permission to "buy him tobacco products"...aaahhh, the good ole days

Old 02-28-2011, 02:17 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I was never able to purchase as a kid, but we were never asked to leave for Hey misters.

I'll check it out. Do you know if they mix their own tobaccos their?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:31 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Quote:
I was never able to purchase as a kid, but we were never asked to leave for Hey misters.

I'll check it out. Do you know if they mix their own tobaccos their?
It has been ages since I even darkened Rob's door man, but he'll tell you all about it if you do!

There is also a really good cigar shop up the road in New Braunfels. Can't recall the name, but they are in the same shopping center as the Hastings and old movie theater just across the street from Taco Cabana. Nice guys, also locally owned, run some funny commercials during football games that make fun of how much they CAN'T say in a commercial for cigars...so they do the commercial standing on the roof in front of their sign!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:55 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'm not as familiar with New Braunfels as I should be, I'm just finding out they have a Hastings.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:35 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Quote:
I'm not as familiar with New Braunfels as I should be, I'm just finding out they have a Hastings.
The Tobacco Haus Cigar Lounge...that's the name of the place!!! They used to be over off the square (or the guy in the commercial was!) but this place is bigger, better, badder...just like Texas

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!