Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2008, 09:45 AM  

San Marcos
City Council Place 3

Someone just asked me to confirm that David Chiu is going to run for place 3. I haven't heard anything. Have you?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:43 AM  

list of candidates???????

Is there a list somewhere of candidates? I looked on the city website and only saw incumbants listed as running again. I would like a choice - last time the mayor ran unopposed - that can't happen again.

can anyone help with a list?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:14 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhouse View Post
Is there a list somewhere of candidates?

can anyone help with a list?

The filing deadline is Aug 26th. So until then there probably wont be a list of candidates available. Guess we will just have to wait until then for a full list to be posted.

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 08-23-2008, 01:59 PM  

David Chiu

Does anyone know David well enough to ask him personally to run against the mayor? We are waiting to see if he or anyone else will. He might be waiting to see if he's wanted again. Is there something like the bat signal we could put in the sky tonight to call him back to public service? Do we deserve him? Or do we have the government we deserve now?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:53 AM  

Wrong choice here.

You might recall that David Chiu ran on a ticket with Susan Narvaiz in 2002, wanted to bring more unwanted, water-intensive industries to San Marcos, was willing to give up 1500 acre feet of water to do it, wanted to rubber stamp more development like KB homes on Holland Street, develop in the Purgatory creek water shed, pass a draconian party ordinance, and tried to take credit for taking the Joe's Crabshack fence down. Like our incumbent, he was in the pocket of high-powered developers, stated that he would like to see our river look more like the San Antonio river walk, failed to do anything about Sagewood or the traffic lights and continued to support inept city staff. I think we need better than that.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:17 AM  

Council Clowns

I can't remember SM ever having a city council that wasn't a "bigger is better", "growth is inevitable, so shut up already" bunch of developer loving sycophants. At best we get an idiot trying to please everybody. Worse, we get someone trying to line their pockets at our expense. Worst of all is someone beginning their career as a politician. All the wrong people for all the wrong reasons go into politics. At all levels. What's wrong with McCain and Obama is that they think they should be and are qualified to be president. The choice is almost always "cancer or polio".
Old 08-25-2008, 04:21 PM  

San Marcos
My prediction...

Jane Hughson will oppose the mayor.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:32 AM  

Saul Gonzales has filed for the Place 3 city council position. A very good man with a lot of knowledge about the issues facing the city.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:10 PM  

San Marcos
I just saw that. Strange that nobody picked it up on the news sites.

Do you know anything about his positions? Is he the one that ran David Castillo's board of ed campaign? I was very impressed with Castillo and would definitely be curious to hear about Gonzales, if I am correct.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:22 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Jane Hughson will oppose the mayor.

David Newman will oppose the mayor, not Jane

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!