Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2008, 03:10 PM  

San Marcos
I'm hiring, Jeepster. I've been hiring like gangbusters. My jobs aren't going away. They just aren't in San Marcos.

You can do whatever you want. The great thing about our system is that we both get a vote and no matter how many personas you take on in this forum, you still only get one vote out there in the real world, just like me. Waste it however you want.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:03 PM  
LMC

Immis
My cellular is 713 560 8159 - I can often be found at the coffee shops around town – just introduce yourself
I’m sure we can find agreement past posts – everyone who knows me knows that I am passionate about our community and a very good listener.
Best! Lisa Marie

Old 10-12-2008, 04:30 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC View Post
Immis
My cellular is 713 560 8159 - I can often be found at the coffee shops around town ? just introduce yourself
I?m sure we can find agreement past posts ? everyone who knows me knows that I am passionate about our community and a very good listener.
Best! Lisa Marie
I never said you were not passionat about our community, that is why I was drawn to this thread. I wanted some info but seems I caught you on a bad day

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 10-12-2008, 04:48 PM  
LMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immis View Post
I never said you were not passionat about our community, that is why I was drawn to this thread. I wanted some info but seems I caught you on a bad day
Immis,
If I am scrappy a thousand pardons if it rubs one wrong. I’ve been on a bunch of these boards and REALLY do believe in them. Maybe different styles different boards. I hope that you just check out my research anyone can tell you that if there is a good idea I am supportive for advocating it online and in my literature as well as a policy maker. And, I am all for opening up venues for people to work together and have always advocated this notion in San Marcos. I work well with all aspects of our community as a professional and volunteer. I love working with people and if you know me personally you know I love to have fun while being a “work horse.” I encourage you to introduce yourself and meet me as an individual to really know me. Have an awesome week 78666 discussion board! Over and out....
Best Wishes, Lisa Marie
Old 10-12-2008, 04:54 PM  

If I Am You And You Are Me, God I Need A Stiff Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
I'm hiring, Jeepster. I've been hiring like gangbusters. My jobs aren't going away. They just aren't in San Marcos.

You can do whatever you want. The great thing about our system is that we both get a vote and no matter how many personas you take on in this forum, you still only get one vote out there in the real world, just like me. Waste it however you want.
And your point is? One company is one company and what it does is meaningless in the vast economic fabric of the world. As always you take everything too personally and I'm sure you always will.

As for the return to the "personas" thing:
-one "persona", Marilee, has abandoned this forum because she (a clinical psychologist) thinks there are several "dangerous minds" lurking here.
-another, pythonlee, thinks this is a pathetic little forum run by self centered idiots
-toerontoe, put it bluntly as "78666 sucks bad, dude, I'm out of here"
-spud left long ago and is the only person we all knew before, although we only communicate with him now by email. He was upset by censorship.
Only Philby [the only one I knew I knew (I didn't know spud as spud), before I got on this forum, (he told me about it), although I later found out I knew Marilee already] and I remain.
We had a nice get together at the Blue Goat (all five of us) and are introducing each other around to old and returning friends.
You may not be interested in "the pot threads" but they were started at the request of university students and the number of hits ought to tell you something of the interests of others. That they choose to not join/log in and comment is a private decision.

None of us knows "blanket" or "Edward" but I'm sure that won't deter you from thinking otherwise.

At least I'll have the pleasure of knowing that my vote cancels out yours and visa versa.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:04 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC View Post
Immis,
If I am scrappy a thousand pardons if it rubs one wrong. I?ve been on a bunch of these boards and REALLY do believe in them. Maybe different styles different boards. I hope that you just check out my research anyone can tell you that if there is a good idea I am supportive for advocating it online and in my literature as well as a policy maker. And, I am all for opening up venues for people to work together and have always advocated this notion in San Marcos. I work well with all aspects of our community as a professional and volunteer. I love working with people and if you know me personally you know I love to have fun while being a ?work horse.? I encourage you to introduce yourself and meet me as an individual to really know me. Have an awesome week 78666 discussion board! Over and out....
Best Wishes, Lisa Marie
And if you knew me you would know that I have a passion for this community both professionally and also by volunteering. I still have a problem with the way you came out guns ablazing. All I asked was a question and you , like I said before, went off the deep end.

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 10-12-2008, 08:35 PM  

LMC, I applaud you for posting here. It is dangerous, IMO, since you can create ill-will and lose votes by typing the wrong thing. I think many on here want or wanted you to do well in the election. The late signs, and film industry discussion as the main (sounds like only even if it is not) economic development plan has obviously caused some concerns. I will wait till I hear all details before I decide. There is still a month left.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:35 AM  

San Marcos
Swisher, that is correct. This board has historically been hard on Chris Jones and the Mayor. It would be foolish to assume that this means we (or anyone else) are ready to elect someone running an "anything would be better" campaign.

Didn't work for Kerry. Didn't work for Kinky. Won't work for LMC.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 AM  

I'm curious why we expect the city council of a smallish city to be able to attract big high paying employers? We don't really have the budget to. I don't think if the council jacked property taxes through the roof we could compete with Austin, SA, Dallas, Houston, or any other big city incenticve-wise.

Now when they give tax breaks to outlet mall expansion, I see that more as am investment that will provide sales tax reveues, which is how I believe Kathy Morris saw it. We have a nice library and rec center to show for that foresight.

I think the fact that Chris Jones has scaled back the promises from three years ago, is a sign that he has learned a thing or two serving on the council.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:41 AM  

San Marcos
They don't need to be big companies, but we need to start attracting better jobs. We have big companies here already and there is no excuse for our city council not to know the people running those offices and, ideally, at least have met the leadership at those companies.

If the city got together with the university and identified a vertical that tied in well with the skills of our graduates, which was already represented either in San Marcos or in the corridor, we could certainly attract new businesses from that vertical through a joint effort, even if they were small businesses. There would just need to be a lot more if they were small and by small, I mean 50-100 employees, not 5-10 employees.

Used properly, the convention center can also help to build awareness about San Marcos as it relates to certain industries we want to promote here.

The companies that are already here would almost certainly benefit from a larger talent pool as well, so there may be some opportunity to work with existing businesses to do some joint PR.

MBNA moved their headquarters to Belfast, Maine (population 6,000) because of little more than the hospitality the CEO was shown when he was in town.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.