Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2008, 11:20 AM  

ACC funding

On your property tax bill you'll see the entities that assess a tax based on the value of your property. Everyone will have the county and an ISD. You may have a city, an EMS or a fire department. If we vote to accept ACC they would show up on your tax bill and the rate in 2007 was .0958 meaning if your house was worth $100k your ACC tax would be $958/year. Or $79.83/month. The tax rate is set by the ACC board of directors and could go up at any time. I imagine we could come up with at least a dozen better ways to spend that kind of money, especially considering very few from this area even attend ACC. Yes, if you vote to be brought into the ACC district students would enjoy greatly reduced tuition but it would take a lot of students before the community as a whole would see a return on the investment. a few years ago when this was being pushed ACC would make no commitment to build a campus. If we wanted to bring this back up I would demand major land, building and infrastructure commitments.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 PM  

San Marcos
.0958 per $100 means $95.80 per $100,000 per year. Not $958.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:17 PM  

How embarrasing

Well in that case let's sign em up.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:28 PM  

San Marcos
I'm not an advocate of ACC, just math.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
I'm not an advocate of ACC, just math.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 PM  

The mayor and council has made ACC in SM a top goal for 2009.

http://www.ci.san-marcos.tx.us/publi...&meetingid=176
Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM  

More Disinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Thanks for the "unlawful use of disinformation" comment, too. I haven't heard that since, well since Jeepster said it. Or was it Pythonlee? I just can't recall.
None of "us" ever said that. You're not adding another entity to the list are you ? You need to see a shrink, semi-sane.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:38 PM  

San Marcos
You know what they say: "great mind thinks alike" or something like that...
Old 10-16-2008, 04:35 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immis View Post
Maybe brete but dont you agree that at a live debate the candidates dont have time to research their answers . That means they have to answer with what they already know. No time to think about it. Put on the spot so to say.
Nope because hopefully that's not how they are running the government. There's no way any human can know everything about any city government off the top of their head. I want a well thought out and researched approach to city government.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:39 AM  

As far as the ACC thing. Why aren't we as worried about getting as many local kids into some sort of post secondary education as we are keeping Tx St students around? If we want more college graduates hanging around to grow the economy, why not invest in kids that already have roots and families here?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!