Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2008, 03:32 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
They wouldn't be building me a sidewalk, they would be building for the city. If you mean why would they work for me, they wouldn't. I hired only good, hard workers. Digging a trench and pouring concrete ain't rocket science. Anyone with a brain and a good set of standards can put in a sidewalk. That large companies charge so much is more a testament to political corruption/stupidity than actual cost.
My comment is based on experience.
Yours is ignorant and stupid. And wallowing in that ignorance and stupidity is a good place for someone like you. It keeps you from causing any real trouble.
They must miss you on the short bus.

Award for stupid comment #2! Your on a roll !

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:46 PM  

San Marcos
Quote:
Measure the hill (one side only) that I think should have a sidewalk, figure in local labor and material costs and you will find the beast is not so formidable or expensive.
If we put a sidewalk on one side of Chestnut, along the hill, it will be 1600 linear feet. Again, please give us the details on how you and your band of low wage, ignorant, yet hard working men would install a sidewalk, good for 200 years, for $62.50 per linear foot and still "put a tidy profit in your bank account."

Then explain how half a sidewalk, on one side of the street is going to satisfy anyone. I know it surely would not shut you up for two minutes.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:55 PM  

San Marcos
Quote:
no, I haven't priced sidewalks lately. How much are they per square foot ?
And yet, despite claiming that you are not a concrete contractor, but some higher being and not knowing the length of the sidewalk to be built, you somehow conclude that $100,000 is far too much money.

Do tell, what equation does one use to arrive at the cost of a sidewalk, if it does not include unit cost or length?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:15 PM  

Mad Dogs And Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Do tell, what equation does one use to arrive at the cost of a sidewalk, if it does not include unit cost or length?
It's called a guesstimate, dumbass. A lot of jobs are estimated that way and later refined. I was very good at it and seldom upped my estimate, in fact usually lowering it.

Your insulting demeanor and mercurial personality has made this forum the wasteland that it is. That this is the only real forum in SM and that it has so few who post or continue to post is a direct reflection on you.

What happened to kau and A2 ?

Are you and immis the same ? Or just both mad and off your meds ?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:24 PM  

San Marcos
KAU is still around. I don't know about A2. If he is gone, it likely means he is gone from San Marcos, not chased off the board by me (or you).

You might re-read all of your posts, before you start whining about my insulting demeanor.

Still, I am a dumbass and would like to know how a Master Mason "guesstimates" the cost of a sidewalk, without knowing the length, or the rough cost per linear foot. That is quite a skill.

No, I am not Immis. Unlike you, pythonlee, marilee and the rest, Immis and I have different writing styles, are interested in different topics and have different views, joined years apart from one another, oh yeah, and we have different IP addresses.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM  

We are hardly the same person..... just two right thinking individuals:wink:
I think my sig line says it all

I Never Give Them Hell... I Just Tell The Truth And They Think Its Hell...

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:45 PM  

Attitude is Everything

Quote:
KAU is still around. I don't know about A2. If he is gone, it likely means he is gone from San Marcos, not chased off the board by me (or you).

You might re-read all of your posts, before you start whining about my insulting demeanor.
kau has been purged. click on admin.
I've never had a bad word with A2.
All my insults have been lobbed at others who threw the first stone.

Only philby and I have a similar writing style (almost identical), developed from co-writing term papers for profit since the sixties and again when we were both in the Marine Corps writing manuals.

I can't speak for any of the others (most of whom have left this forum - all citing you as why), but everytime I check my ip address it's different and the physical location has never been closer than 500 miles. One of the results of being on broadband and run thru proxy servers.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:49 PM  

San Marcos
Quote:
kau has been purged. click on admin.

He's still here. I have no idea what point you are trying to make.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:24 PM  

Sidewalks are expensive. Concrete is expensive. Engineering designs are expensive. Construction companies are expensive. Get over it. These projects must be awarded to the LOWEST BIDDER, BY LAW. There are standards the city has for these things, so it is not some knucklehead contractor doing this kind of work. Then there is the street issue. Do you put sidewalks on a street that is planned to be torn up, and then have to remove the sidewalks, in a year or two, or do you do it all at once. For years this city has granted variances to developers to build their projects without sidewalks, but that does not happen now, it is a requirement of our new code. That is why we need sidewalks all across this city, because we allowed developers to eliminate them and we did not make this a priority in our development standards and future infrastructure investments.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM  

Admin (kau)

Quote:
He's still here. I have no idea what point you are trying to make.
If he's still here why was his profile cleared ?
Click on "Find Posts By Admin" - you get, "Sorry - No Matches" (but 33 posts are indicated)
Click on "Find All Threads Started By Admin" - you get, "You Answered The NoSpam! Question Incorrectly..."

Why doesn't he respond to private messages ?

Is that personality currently dormant ?

A2 disappeared about the same time.

It'll be easier for you if you just tell us what you did to them and where we can find the bodies. If there ever were any bodies.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!