Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2008, 07:53 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
Based on what I have seen, Jones might as well be running unopposed. She does not seem to have the campaign organization/experience/expertise that I expect to see with Jones and her platform seems somewhat lacking.
Yeh, she did not even show up to the ground breaking for the largest project this city has ever taken on. ALL other candidates were present for the ground breaking ceremony for the Wonder World extension except her, oh yeah, and that kid running for mayor.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:41 PM  

Photo Op

Photo ops are so very, very important.
She doesn't play by the rules.
We wouldn't want anyone different with new ideas on our city council.
It can't happen here, it can't happen here...

Old 09-02-2008, 09:07 PM  

San Marcos
I'm just saying that if her intent is to make some sort of statement about the political process by refusing to campaign in the traditional sense, without having some great alternative way to get her face out there and her message to the people, she has my best wishes, but I don't see her having much impact.

If her plan is to ignore the issues that are raised time and again by the citizens of San Marcos and instead, run on her pet issues (no matter how noble they may be), again, I wish her good luck.

Don't blame the people of San Marcos if she loses the election to another "square."
Old 09-02-2008, 09:26 PM  

Smoke and Mirrors

Windmills are where you find them.
For all I know she may be running as a political gadfly just to bring certain issues before the public.
Getting your opponent to steal your campaign issues has been a very effective way of achieving those goals while in apparent defeat.
There was a student candidate in the 70s who complained "the damn bast**ds elected me, now what".
Old 09-03-2008, 12:45 PM  

It is not about photo ops. It is about getting your name and face out there. Newman was there and was not in any pictures. He was talking to folks and getting his name and point out. Don't get me wrong, I support the Mayor but I thought it was very important for any and all candidates to be there to show their support for the largest project this city has ever undertaken.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:32 AM  
LMC

Positions Platform to Be Posted After Debates Next Week

Love your site! I have so much to say and will be posting soon! The debates are forthcoming next week - after we get thru the first set of debates, I will immediately disclose my full platform online/speaking notes at your site. Respectfully, LM
p.s. I also have a bio to post soon as well!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:50 AM  
LMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toerontoe View Post
Windmills are where you find them.
For all I know she may be running as a political gadfly just to bring certain issues before the public.
Getting your opponent to steal your campaign issues has been a very effective way of achieving those goals while in apparent defeat."
This is a good point. I remember one year when I ran the basketball courts for neighborhood youth was a main platform of advocacy. Although I lost the election - THE very next week - groundbreaking ceremonies began for building said courts. Ironic how quickly policy can be implemented.

Now it is time to provide an infusion of technology and creative artistry such as filmmaking and music production to our youth in San Marcos via the City and creative program development. This will afford our young citizens with job skills and innovation to contribute back to our community and achieve their personal goals.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:59 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC View Post
Now it is time to provide an infusion of technology and creative artistry such as filmmaking and music production to our youth in San Marcos via the City and creative program development. This will afford our young citizens with job skills and innovation to contribute back to our community and achieve their personal goals.
I believe you're the first actual candidate to post on here. Not to start too hard on the first candidate to have the guts to post on here instead of through middlemen, but here goes. How do you propose to "provide an infusion of technology and creative artistry such as filmmaking and music production to our youth in San Marcos via the City and creative program development". What is the cost and how does the city pay for this.

Second what do you mean by "eco-tourism". What can the city do to promote such tourism. Realistically what could we expect dollarwise locally, if ecotourism is properly promoted and at what costs?

What do you see as the shortcomings of the current city council and what can be done to change that.

I really don't have a dog in this fight and am asking you these questions because you're the only one here.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:39 PM  
LMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brete View Post
I believe you're the first actual candidate to post on here. Not to start too hard on the first candidate to have the guts to post on here instead of through middlemen, but here goes. How do you propose to "provide an infusion of technology and creative artistry such as filmmaking and music production to our youth in San Marcos via the City and creative program development". What is the cost and how does the city pay for this.

Second what do you mean by "eco-tourism". What can the city do to promote such tourism. Realistically what could we expect dollarwise locally, if ecotourism is properly promoted and at what costs?

What do you see as the shortcomings of the current city council and what can be done to change that.

I really don't have a dog in this fight and am asking you these questions because you're the only one here.

Online virtual communities are key to the democratic process and I am complimented by your post. On Thursday after the debates I will post the questions and my answers to the debates directly to this site. I think it will answer most of your questions. I will break the story here after first I post to my myspace page. It is an exceptionally specific proposal. And I will be happy to field questions. Also if Mr. Jones would like to debate, I would propose at Wake the Dead as a venue for the members of www.78666.com. I will discuss an ASG and 78666.com debate with him tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:33 PM  

i wish people would update the events here on everything going around ..

where and when is the debate tomorrow ??

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.