Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2007, 07:08 AM  

City or someone painted markings on my driveway!

I came home yesterday to find that I had what seems to be some sort of engineering markings spray painted in the middle of my driveway. That irritates the crap out of me as I've tried very hard to keep my driveway free of stains!!!

Is it legal to come and paint up my driveway for whatever project they're working on without even notifying me? Also, is there a way to find out what the markings mean? I will be super ticked off if I find out they're about to tear up my driveway leaving me no way to get into and out of my garage!

The markings also have a series of neon green dots that make a very large circle. It almost looks like they're wanting to put a manhole in my driveway. I'm NOT ok with that.

I only suspect it's that because a few months ago some city folks, and a suit-type were walking through my yard, and when I asked what they were doing they asked me if I noticed a manhole in my yard somewhere. Now I come back today to these markings and now I'm worried they're going to tear up my entire driveway!!!

HELP! What can I do to find out what they city is planning on doing to my yard??? And if I don't like it, how do I fight it?

Old 12-01-2007, 08:54 AM  

Same thing happened to me about a year ago. Just remember.... from the street, the first 10 feet are not really your property. The city can come in and do what they need to do as far as water lines and such. They ended up putting a new cleanout valve right in the middle of my front yard. Nothing I could do.
The green paint probably means that is where a manhole "should be", but maybe they will put it out in the street and not tear up your driveway.
Good Luck !

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:03 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immis View Post
Same thing happened to me about a year ago. Just remember.... from the street, the first 10 feet are not really your property. The city can come in and do what they need to do as far as water lines and such. They ended up putting a new cleanout valve right in the middle of my front yard. Nothing I could do.
The green paint probably means that is where a manhole "should be", but maybe they will put it out in the street and not tear up your driveway.
Good Luck !
I hope they put it out in the street. I really don't want an unsightly manhole in my drieway.

If they do actually do some work are they required to make it right? Such as if they tear up my driveway, make it usable again, and remove paint markings?

Thanks for the input though.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:26 AM  

I would call the Public Works Department at the city. Ask them exactly what they intend to do. Have the director come out to your home if necessary until you are sure what will happen. Often they can find another way to do things if you are not satisfied. Then make them remove the marks from your driveway. The director needs to know what his employees are doing.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:34 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

If they do actually do some work are they required to make it right? Such as if they tear up my driveway, make it usable again, and remove paint markings?

Yeah, they will do it up right. Pour up another slab on your driveway. When they dug up my yard they covered it back up and even put down some sod A few weeks later and you could hardly tell they had dug it up. As far as the paint marks.... The marks they painted on my sidewalk in front of my house were green and orange. Came right up with a power washer. That was alot easier than deaing with the city. Although I did wait until the job was done before I removed their markings.

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!