Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Who should the next President be???
G. W. Bush 3 37.50%
Ralph Nader 0 0%
John Kerry 5 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2004, 01:08 PM  

Farenheit 911...

Hrmmm...think Michael Moore stirred up a hornet's nest or what???

Just outta curiosity, I wonder how many ppl on this Forum have seen the flick, and what you think.

I saw it opening weekend at the Dobie Theater. Obviously it in a Liberal Stronghold in the Center of UT, and the Democrats were capitalising on the anti Bush sentiment, taking donations at the door, and had voter registration tables set up for the ppl waiting in line.

At least Moore isn't afraid to let his opinions and theories be known...how much is true? Who knows...but I geuss that's a natural result with such a secretive administration. I'll certainly vote against Bush...but that was true before I saw the movie. Nader? Kerry...who knows, but anybody but Bush! What would it take for Willie Nelson to run for President???

Old 07-18-2004, 09:04 PM  

I am good with Bush.

As it is let him get done what ever he can for the next four years maybe some of the things he said he did in last 4 years will show.

Just A Thought,

AgtMulder

Old 08-01-2004, 09:47 AM  

I recently saw the film. It is a very powerful, emotional, accurate, film that details what it is really like to be a bush.

The book, "house of bush, house of saud, details exactly their relationship between the bushes and saudis from his years as a texan.

The main theme i believe of this movie is, that a society lives off a hiearchal system, and those with power create war to keep those that are poor in the loop of fighting, while those w/ power watch thousands of miles away profiting.

It sad that close to 1,000 soilders will have lost their lives for a fictitious war.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:10 PM  
hawky454

Fahrenhit 9-11 VS the Hype

I just recently went to my local San Marcos, TX video store in the hopes of being able to rent both Fahrenheit 9/11 and Fahrenhype 9/11. My first stop was Hastings, I went to the F section only to find at least a hundred copies of Michael Moore's cynical face staring back at me and found only 3 copies of Fahrenhype that just happened to be rented out at the time. I decided to go ahead and rent the only version that was available wich of course was Moore's film.

I have to say that I'm a very strong Bush supporter, and I have a great deal of educated views in current politics. But after watching this film of Mr. Moore's, it definitely made me question my views and my support for Bush, and as crazy as it sounds I felt a disrespect for America. This movie of his appears so true, how could he be lying about this stuff?

The next day I went to return the movie at Hastings and all 3 copies of Fahrenhype were still rented out. I was determined to watch this film so I went to check out the other local video stores. I ended up going to 3 other different stores just to rent the damn thing. Blockbuster didn't even carry it. How ridiculous is that? One of the biggest film industries in America doesn't want you to see this film? Hmmmmm.

After watching Fahrenhype 9/11, I was so relieved, yet angry at the same time. I was relieved because this film shows the TRUTH in every sense of the word, It brought back my faith in America, and it showed me that we are better than Michael Moore wants us to believe. I was angry because I was played for a fool by Michael Moore, I was lied to by this anti-American slob (this is not an accurate film, not even close) and most of all I was outraged on how hard it was to come across this movie

My point is; that if Moore's movie can make me question my support for Bush, I can't imagine how it is going to make uneducated voters feel. I feel something needs to be done about this, I'm making flyers in support of the Fahrenhype movie tonight and I'm going to post them downtown, but how much affect is that gonna have if you can't even rent the movie out?

People need to see whats going on here, i'm sorry to say, but the Kerry administration is desperate and they'll do what ever it takes to win your vote. Please do yourself a favor and rent both fahrenheit 9/11 and fahrenhype 9/11 and make up your own mind, don't let Moore speak for you!

My email is hawky454@hotmail.com, email me if you have any questions.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads