Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2006, 06:51 PM  
A2

Go out Ranch Road Twelve
Go past the junction ( as in do not turn towards wimberly )
about 6 miles post the junction or so, you'll see Riley Tavern on the south side ( left ) right after Rileys is the Devils Backbone Tavern.
There aint much there, if you blink you may miss it.

A2

Old 01-02-2006, 04:32 AM  
A2

Devil's Backbone Tavern
4041 FM 32
Fischer, TX 78623

The bar was built around the 1930's, it's really nothing, and at night it is hardcore locals. Friendly, just don't look em in the eye too long.
They have a finger shuffle board table that is older than my dad.

The Devils Back Bone is the term for a stretch of road from Fischer Texas to Blanco Texas, many people agree that it is actually one of Texas' most scenic drives, officially R.M. 32, the "Devil's Backbone" is a winding, razor-backed ridge overlooking Hill Country vistas. Extends from R.M. 12 just south of Wimberley, west some 24 miles to near Blanco.

There's a great rest stop on the east end of the back bone that is a must see for any san martian, bring a sac of tacos in the evening, watch the sun go down, then stop at the Backbone Tavern and then Riley's for gettin' ya colbeer.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:43 AM  

San Marcos
There's a lot of history and character at Devil's Backbone Tavern; much more so than Riley's. I work there for quite a while and hung around even longer. I even know the real story about the bullet holes in the ceiling and I know someone whose father was killed there, years and years ago.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.