Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2007, 09:46 AM  

notdescript, I did not call you Karl Rove. You have not shown that level of political expertise. You merely seem to be dabbling in his dark arts. Good try at spinning it that way.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:41 PM  

I honestly do not care about his past employment or anything related to it. All I have to know is that Bose compared a minority group to the prisoners he used to oversee. He even went so far to advise using the same techniques he used in prison to punish people in this town. I think it is pretty safe to say that most people in this town are law abiding citizens, and to have a sitting elected official compare any group to jailed convicts is ridiculous, callous, and inappropriate considering he serves us, not the other way around.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:09 PM  

I think what he said was that in prison punishments are handed out imediately. Saying that if someone breaks the rules , the punishments (tickets/fines) should be handed out right there and then. Listen to the whole council meeting and not just what one of your buddies posted on the internet.

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:13 PM  

San Marcos
He wasn't talking about students, either, who are hardly a minority, BTW. He was talking about a handful of unruly citizens, who arguably are criminals. There was a huge coke bust in the neighborhood in question (Sagewood), along with some reports of gunfire, assault lots of breaking and entering and a few stolen cars and a number of other issues, in addition to the noise, garbage, speeding through neighborhoods, drunk driving and so on.

If my son or daughter was a student here and was living on Sagewood, I'd be terrified. No metaphor is too harsh for that slum.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:18 PM  

VIDEO: "Gaylord Bose Presents Sagewood Solutions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immis View Post
I think what he said was that in prison punishments are handed out imediately. Saying that if someone breaks the rules , the punishments (tickets/fines) should be handed out right there and then. Listen to the whole council meeting and not just what one of your buddies posted on the internet.
I responded here. http://www.78666.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823
Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 PM  

For Jude's position on Sagewood, see a column he wrote here for the University Star and other papers... http://newstreamz.com/2007/10/31/mar...d-inspections/
Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 PM  

San Marcos
Yeah. Jude agrees it is a slum, but he offers no solution. Apparently, since you are posting that video, he is opposed to punishing the renters. His article says that he is uneasy about punishing the landlords.

I guess we should punish the neighbors. After all, the folks on Sagewood have already said this is their fault for buying homes next to "party central".

What is Jude's solution? He's got $400,000 from the code enforcement program. All he has to do is sell us on a better answer. What is it? Obviously he has been aware of the issue for some time. He must have an idea of a solution.

Why do I have to work so hard at getting you to earn my vote? Bose isn't even on here. All you have to do is convince me you are serious about fixing some of this ****, but you are going out of your way to throw away my vote.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 PM  

Hey I could tell you what I'd do all day long. Jude is his own person and I'm not comfortable trying to talk specifics on his behalf about such a sensitive issue. All I can say is that he would love to talk to you about it. An idea: Why don't you record your conversation with Jude and post it here? That way you can ask what you want to ask and build your blogger's glory at the same time. Brad
Old 11-03-2007, 01:17 AM  

why not get him to come on here in a public forum to discuss his ideas and solutions? it seems the majority of people here think the guy is a joke for getting his political posse to show up instead of showing class and addressing some of the basic questions regarding solutions people have asked.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:53 AM  

i will say i dis agree very much with something that mr. bose's campaign flyer had on it.

it states he wants to undertake the project; citywide wireless internet.

i think its a horrible idea since lots of local businesses use wireless internet as a feature to attract customers. i know several business owners who get customers because of this feature they offer. doubt mr. bose reads this website but if he does just want to make it public that is a horrible idea.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.