Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2007, 08:19 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brete View Post
I believe I sent the audit to a member of the public (Brad Rollins) who was with a camapaign (Prather) I was definitely not invovled with, who had requested it through an Open Records Act Request(want me to post his email?). We routinely forward information to persons residing outside our district if we have it. Except for holding a sign outside a polling place on election day, which I voluteered for the day before I have not done any campaign work for any candidate in this past city election. Since I am someone on Craddick's do not hire list that comparision was pretty funny.
I submitted an Open Records request to the state rep's office for the audit. Brete was abiding by the law in providing it, not breaking it. It's not that I can't figure out how to post it -- just takes a while to scan 48 pages, one page at a time. I can fax you a copy or mail it. bradrollins@yahoo.com

Old 11-16-2007, 08:47 AM  

San Marcos
No thanks. I'm curious, but just barely. The audit was never on my list of concerns, as I have mentioned before.

I deal with people on a regular basis, who just absolutely need to have something or another right away and can't understand why everything takes so long and then when they get whatever it is, it just sits on their desk or in their Inbox or whatever for days, weeks, or months.

So, I got a kick out of it.

I don't know or care why the audit can't be posted. I just think it is funny. It was so important for so long, but not important enough to actually have a plan to do something with it.

Sorry. That's just how it looks to me.

Just another Dilbert cartoon.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM  

Come on Brad you got a little laugh from the Craddick thing didn't you, especially knowing where the fax came from?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:11 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brete View Post
Come on Brad you got a little laugh from the Craddick thing didn't you, especially knowing where the fax came from?
Yes it was funny but since I derided immis for using obnoxious emoticons last night I couldn't use one.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:44 AM  

I figured you'd get the irony of that one.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:49 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
No thanks. I'm curious, but just barely. The audit was never on my list of concerns, as I have mentioned before.

I deal with people on a regular basis, who just absolutely need to have something or another right away and can't understand why everything takes so long and then when they get whatever it is, it just sits on their desk or in their Inbox or whatever for days, weeks, or months.

So, I got a kick out of it.

I don't know or care why the audit can't be posted. I just think it is funny. It was so important for so long, but not important enough to actually have a plan to do something with it.

Sorry. That's just how it looks to me.

Just another Dilbert cartoon.
Semi-native, you're slightly too curmudgeony for my taste but I think I understand where it comes from at least so far as you've shared your Sagewood area experiences and problems. Still, you have a sense of humor so all is not lost. Will you write a column for my new newspaper? I'm serious. You may be just the right mixture of rational, skeptical and caustic to make a good regular. The Dilbert thing is funny. Brete you can write a column too as long as you share a byline with Patrick M. Rose. Then again, I don't want to get blacklisted by the speaker.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:28 AM  

I think Rep. Rose is on Craddick's naughty list too, at least I hope so. You probably wouldn't get much different stuff from me than the Representative. My political views are much closer aligned to his than anyone I've worked for.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:09 AM  

San Marcos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Winokur

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy. They ease the pain by turning hurt into humor. . . . . . They attack maudlinism because it devalues genuine sentiment. . . . . . Nature, having failed to equip them with a servicable denial mechanism, has endowed them with astute perception and sly wit.

Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease. They can't compromise their standards and can't manage the suspension of disbelief necessary for feigned cheerfulness. Their awareness is a curse.

Perhaps curmudgeons have gotten a bad rap in the same way that the messenger is blamed for the message: They have the temerity to comment on the human condition without apology. They not only refuse to applaud mediocrity, they howl it down with morose glee. Their versions of the truth unsettle us, and we hold it against them, even though they soften it with humor.
How can one be too curmudgeonly? I would say that others are not curmudgeonly enough.

I might be persuaded to impose my views on a larger audience (you do have an audience, don't you?). PM me, if you're *really* serious.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.