Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2007, 06:16 PM  

Habingreither

anyone recall what happened when the ethics commission was called in over Mayor Habingreither's de-annexing his neighborhood (willow creek). did the ethics commission rule on anything?

Old 11-13-2007, 06:58 PM  

I heard that all the ethics board members quit after Mayor Bob called them worthless on TV during a meeting.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:06 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
(willow creek)
Is that the same sub-division that only allows ONE unrelated person to live in a home?

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:29 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immis View Post
Is that the same sub-division that only allows ONE unrelated person to live in a home?
thats the one. they in fact have sued and gotten people evicted. must be nice to be able to have that power and never have to worry about san marcos zoning or ordinances because it will never effect them.

i know kim porterfield and bob habingreither live out there. i think maybe ex-mayor chiu as well?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:06 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
i know kim porterfield and bob habingreither live out there. i think maybe ex-mayor chiu as well?
Must be nice to live somewhere where you dont have to live by everyone else's rules. You can kinda just make your own up! Nice......

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:20 AM  
A2

There is such a place Immis. A magical land known as "Caldwell County".
Old 11-19-2007, 01:39 AM  

Do a little Research People!!!!

Hey...Don't blame a neighborhood that actually out votes the rest of San Marcos in every other election. They also have a Home Owners association and each section has a home owner's leader. Don't knock taking responsibility for yourself instead of relying on a City to do it for you. They out voted the rest of the city and worked together, unlike current San Marcos Residents who don't care. As for the deannexation, the city was providing them with a dog catcher....that's it. They were not putting in sewer or water or electricity. They were making them pay taxes without giving them the basics. Before pct 315 was annexed, they mobilized and contacted everyone from congressional levels to local govt levels to fight for what they believed. Also, Mayor Habingreither implemented many of the projects that we are seeing accomplished today because he was planning for the cities future. he focused on basic needs like a waste water treatment plant (because we are out growing ours), replacing deteriorating pipes in our neighborhoods. Re-building roads and putting in overpasses. He had also secured some of the Toyota 2nd and 3rd tier part suppliers to come to San Marcos, but his plan was not carried on after leaving office and they wen't somewhere else. Before you knock a man that actually understands all the issues, even though they are not the "pretty issues (the ones that you see and make your life nicer to look at), take the opportunity to study the history of San Marcos politics and the issues. For too long, people in this town have listened to the rumors. I feel like I live in a school yard playground sometimes playing telephone. DO THE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU SPEW LIES!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:11 PM  

Perhaps it is you citizen who should do the research. You can give no factual evidence to substantiate your claim that Habingreither "secured some of the Toyota 2nd and 3rd tier parts suppliers to come to San Marcos, but then his plan was not carried on after leaving office, and they went somewhere else". Just not the case.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:21 AM  

Toyota Suppliers

Well Swisher, you are technically correct. Since there are no 2nd tier suppliers currently in San Marcos, none of our last three mayors nor council members can take credit. Mayor Bob, the San Marcos EDC and Dan Rogers worked diligently to bring those suppliers here. He had numerous meetings with potential suppliers, wove the texture of the Universities ability to supply workers into the fabric and even visited the plant officials in San Antonio. If you will recall, after he left office, the EDC was effectively dismantelled, the COC removed from their position of working for these businesses and a NEW Economic Development group inaugurated by our new Mayor Narvaiz. You will note that that was a complete failure and that we lost 3 years of economic development activities before partially returning the task to the COC. You are criticizing the one person that could have accomplished the goal.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads