Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 PM  

Hi just registered...Interest in new music/drinking venues?

Hi all! I just got onto the Forum. I am interested in pursuing the idea of opening a new bar/live music venue in San Marcos and was curious about people's opinions about the current offerings in town.
Would a new place with a great jukebox (my taste ranges from Scratch Acid, Slayer, Slint, Pink Floyd to Husker Du, Minor Threat, Joy Division, Miles Davis, Graham Parsons, Swans, garage, psych, etc.), pool, good beer, wall space for local artists, movie night (everything from Fellini to Superfly) and naturally a stage for bands be a welcome addition to the area around the square?
Do people have any particular likes or dislikes about the current fare in SM? Does anyone have any good ideas to complete the sentence, "I wish there was a space in San Marcos that..."?
Starting a business is always tough. I just moved to the Austin/SM area from Philadelphia last summer and I LOVE it here. The people here are so great and I would love to run a spot near the square that brings in the good, fun, friendly and creative folk that I've met around the town.
Any thoughts or ideas would be great and I hope to hear from people!
Thanks!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 PM  

Hey. I'm new too. We can spread our wings together.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads