Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2004, 08:22 PM  

Hiking Trails

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good hiking trails in the San Marcos area, and if so where they are located. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 05-31-2004, 02:21 PM  
Antny

I wish I did...unfortunately, Texas is the land of the Ranches and Barbed-wire fences!!! I know a few quiet little getaways along the river, but to be able to "Hike" you really gotta hit the State Parks.
Check out the info online about Tx state parks and see for yourself.

Antny
Old 06-01-2004, 07:47 AM  

Thanks for responding!

Yeah, that is pretty much what I figured. In fact, I just got back from a camping/hiking trip at Enchanted Rock State Park. It is so beautiful there, I just love it! I will definteiyl be hitting up more State Parks this summer, but man, I wish there was more hiking around here! have you ever been to McKinney Falls State Park? It's not that far away and I was wondering if the hiking there was any good?
Old 06-04-2004, 06:03 AM  

Parks

Mckinney Falls is great, Bastrop and Buescher Parks have some great trails through the Piney woods...there are some short hikes through greenbelt area in San Marcos, and they're working on more. Check our Progress Park, at the end of Progress St. Also a new greenbelt area at the end of Alamo street has some undeveloped woods that are really pretty...

Antny

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!