Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2004, 07:09 PM  

Hiking Trails?

Anyone know of any good places to go hiking near San Marcos?

Old 03-30-2004, 07:17 AM  
A2

well....

Besides the two plus miles of Trails that run along the river, from the lions club to 35??????

The ranch that the university owns on RR12.....Damn what is the name of that place ....oh Freeman Ranch...They've got some nice trails...

I know a guy that has leased a 450 acrea ranch that is near Freeman Ranch...If you threw him a few bones, and represented yourself as someone who could be trustworthy and a nature lover, I bet he would let you go out there. Really, really, untouched.....Big Deer, Hawks everywhere, lot's of Armidillos and hogs, cool cacus to look at....Some lil' caves, and some bigger ones we have not found yet.........Email me.....
A2

Old 03-30-2004, 10:21 AM  

There are a lot of near-by state parks and some of them have some nice hiking - along the colorado river is nice - they are all a little drive though and if you have ever hiked in texas you know there is not enough water in the world... so hikes are short. It helps to pick up a hiking guide (falcon or other) so you know when the best seasons are as well as when the mosquitos are swarming

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!