Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2007, 09:20 AM  

Hong Kong Restaurant

One of my co-workers had a terrible experience at Hong Kong last night. She and her fiancee walked into Hong Kong about 10 minutes before closing. They were seated, had drink orders taken, and got up to get some pot stickers. They left plates on the table and returned to the buffett to get more food only to find all the trays removed from the steam table and stacked so that the bottom of each pan was resting on the food in each pan underneath. They were upset about not being able to eat anything and went to check-out. But were shocked to learn they were being charged full price for the buffett which was now taken down. The pot stickers they took from the buffett were untouched on their table. They offered to pay for their water and tea, from which each had taken a drink. But were not interested in paying for food they never got. They were offered anything they wanted from the buffett (did I mention the trays were stacked on top of eachother) and were told they could take home all the rice they wanted. This was not an attractive offer, and my coworker and her fiancee again offered to pay for tea and water and were met with - twenty dollars, twenty dollars. They left. Only to have San Marcos Police Department meet them at their home a few minutes later to yell at them for stealing and demanded payment for the twenty dollars and threatened them with jail if they did not pay. Interestingly, the cashier from Hong Kong then shows up AT THEIR HOME and says she will now settle for nine dollars. To end the events of the evening... my coworker paid the nine dollars in disgust. But I am certain she, her fiancee, and everybody from my place of employment will never go back.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:33 AM  
A2

WOW......We've been going to Hong Kong for years and have never had or heard of anyone having an experience like that.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:39 PM  

If a restaurant says they are open until 10, then they should accept customers and give them proper service up until 10. If the patrons had walked in 10 min AFTER 10 and expected the buffet, that would be a different story. Inconsideration has nothing to do with it. Hours of operation shouldn't be up for interpretation if posted at the entry.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM  

EEEk.

Talk about some customer service. Dod they not know someone was in the restaraunt? Could they have told them the buffet was going to be taken up shortly and they need to go ahead and get their food. If it was a buffet why were they sitting there to wait for someone to bring them their plates. Don't you go and get the plates yourself? However the polive showing up at the house?? yeah that doesnt make much sense either.. Customer service people!!!! AND get off your cell phones people its RUDE. We don't want to listen to your story in the grocery store. We want to know if you see us at the stop sign too! We are to insensitive and believe me people your kids are showing it too! Can I vent about the loud freaking speakers booming around town? Stop already!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:26 AM  
A2

you bring up a good point secret.

EVERYTIME I've gone to Hong Kong, AS SOON as your taken to your seat your told to help yourself to the buffet...IE you don't wait for plates, they're at the steam tables.

There's got to be more to this story. ( I hope ) lol
Old 08-21-2007, 09:40 AM  

clarification

My coworker and her fiancee asked the cashier when they walked in if they were open. And she said yes, and invited them in and sat them down. Their drink order was taken by the same lady. A young man brought them their drinks. Had some of their drinks then got up to get a plate of pot stickers. Put those plates (with the pot stickers on them - and some sauces) down on the table. Did not eat anything. Asked for some hot oil (chile) for the pot stickers. He came back with the wrong sauce. So they waited until he came back with the right sauce. Then they went up to go back to the buffett to get some real food... only to find the buffett taken down.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:15 PM  

police

Kau, that is a great question. I'm assuming the cashier called the police with the license plate from her car. That could then be traced to my coworker's residence. What boggles my mind is -who told- and -why- the *cashier* showed up at my coworker's residence to collect this bill which the cashier then "discounted" to nine dollars. And where did the "nine dollars" come from. What was that charge even for? The whole thing is simply unbelievable. I have been going to Hong Kong for years and never even heard of an experience such as this...

It takes years to build a reputation in food service, but, sadly, only one horrific experience to destroy it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!