Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 09:19 AM  

Rockwall
Hot Breakfast Spots

I am a fan of the breakfast tacos (Lolitas, Los Vega, La Fonda, etc.)

But what other genres are there, besides IHOP?

Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
There's the Mexican Bakery on Guadalupe. Great Churros.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 AM  

Rockwall
Good to hear, I love Churros, how much do they go for?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:13 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Buck a pop. It's good deal, just brush up on your Spanish.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:53 PM  

san marcos, texas
Root Cellar Cafe has the best breakfast in town. Everything is fresh and delicious, the coffee is great too. They use fresh organic eggs and produce. It's healthy and they serve breakfast from 7am until they close at 4pm.

I've heard Cafe on the Square has good Migas, but I was so disappointed with their lunch food that I don't plan on going back.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:04 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
Root Cellar Cafe has the best breakfast in town. Everything is fresh and delicious, the coffee is great too. They use fresh organic eggs and produce. It's healthy and they serve breakfast from 7am until they close at 4pm.
I've never tried the Root Cellar, but have always wanted to. It's good to know they have breakfast.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:18 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:

I've heard Cafe on the Square has good Migas, but I was so disappointed with their lunch food that I don't plan on going back.
Do you know who they get their coffee from?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:34 PM  

san marcos, texas
I think it is from some coffee roasters in Austin, but I'm not sure. I'll ask next time I'm there. They always serve Sumantra Mandheling, but they have espresso drinks as well.

I always order the fritata for breakfast, the ingredients change every day, but it is like a quiche without the crust and is served with sauteed grape tomatoes and toast, so good.
The rae sandwich was my favorite while pregnant, a fried egg on sourdough with mayo, pickles, and tomato.....okay I think I'm gonna have breakfast there next week.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:47 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
I always order the fritata for breakfast, the ingredients change every day, but it is like a quiche without the crust and is served with sauteed grape tomatoes and toast, so good.
The rae sandwich was my favorite while pregnant, a fried egg on sourdough with mayo, pickles, and tomato.....okay I think I'm gonna have breakfast there next week.
I've actually had a fritata before, they're awesome! My dad use to make them for breakfast a while back. I'm definitely going to have to try them out. I think my family is coming down in a couple weeks, sounds like a good place to take them!
Old 11-29-2010, 01:21 PM  

El Charro across from the old fire station, behind Davis Tire, has great salsa and a migas plate for breakfast for $6 that is so big you can skip lunch.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!