Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2007, 03:42 AM  

Ignorance of the law: A great danger

The developments in Tort law started simultaneously with modern scientific development. Numerous amendments had to be made to this law because the fast pace of technological progress ensured the inevitability of newer high tech means to commit crime.

When it comes to cyber crimes, some of the cyber criminals could commit the crime and walk around freely because they could easily hide behind high tech tools. The Tort law governing cyber crimes and cyber criminals has seen numerous amendments. However certain lawyers and their litigants used the numerous loopholes in this law to demand huge sums of money as compensation.

However the most glaring issue is that a large section of the population has no knowledge about their legal rights. This ignorance of the common man not only helped the lawyers to foist false charges on innocent people because for some litigants, the loss of money involved in fighting a case didn?t matter at all because the obvious benefits to be reaped later on far outweighed the initial costs.

Another glaring aspect seen was that of the real aggrieved people shying away from going to courts. The main reason for this trend was the high cost of litigation and a justice system that was very expensive and dilatory.

The texans for public justice (TPJ) a renowned watchdog has been in the forefront of the Texan society creating mass awareness about the need for reforms in the civil justice system in Texas. From humble beginnings the TPJ became a huge conglomeration of organizations, individuals and institutions from different parts of the Texan society. The Texan society underwent a thorough transformation within a short time, thanks to the role played by the TPJ in creating mass awareness regarding the various rules and amendments in the Tort Law.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:32 AM  

uhh.... ok?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:28 PM  

I'm glad you got that off your chest

I guess when something wells up inside you've just got to let it out. I hope you feel better now. And I will sure consider whatever it is you were getting at. And God bless the TPJ.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 AM  

God Bless The TPJ

All of us in the Republican Ladies Tea Club want to salute you for all your hard work in the field of mass awareness. We feel that it is important for all right thinking people to be aware of mass and all it's physical and legal properties, particularly in regards to tart reform.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:13 AM  

Personally I'm quite dissappointed that TLR in the link suppiles didn't fess up to them and Tx. Ass. of Business being over 80% funded by insurance companies.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:56 PM  

Insurance/Tort Reform/GOP

The insurance companies run Texas. They own the GOP and a few Dems. Almost all Tx laws re. insurance were written by the insurance companies and handed to the GOP to pass unchanged. Perry vetoed one when they forgot to make the appropriate "campaign contribution". Tort reform and worker's compensation laws are refined every legislative session to make it harder to file and win. I sat on a civil suit jury a few years ago. It was an open and shut case but the rules which govern the jury were so strict and complicated it was difficult to award a fair amount to the plaintiff. Of course the verdict was appealed by the insurance company. Never heard how that came out. The problem here is not just crooked ins. companies and crooked pols, it's idiots who don't vote and voters who are idiots. The Tx GOP is totally corrupt and the dems ain't saints, just lesser evils.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:12 PM  

San Marcos
Um, not to stir things up too much, especially in response to a thread based on year-old spam, but the insurance companies didn't get the way they are by accident, or in a vacuum. They got that way, in large part, in response to a) total bull**** claims, b) frivolous lawsuits orchestrated by lawyers who are, more often than not, democrats and c) nanny-staters.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:39 PM  

Straw Dogs

Total bs claims should be denied by the ins. companies.
"Frivolous lawsuits" orchestrated by democratic (and probably gay, minority, satan worshipping) lawyers should be dismissed by the judges of the courts in which they have landed.
Every civil court judge in Tx can dismiss any case as "frivolous"'
The majority of Tx judges are hard corps republicans.
I guess a few nanny-staters make it on to juries and do their best to destroy our judicial system and corporate empires because they hate America.
"a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."
Stop listening to Junkie Limbaugh, he lies. OMG
Old 07-25-2008, 07:50 AM  

San Marcos
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Old 07-25-2008, 08:27 AM  

Semi-intelligent

I noticed a lack of reasoned response backed with verifiable data.
Obviously you can use a computer.
Use it to check facts.
Are you afraid of the truth?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.