Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2003, 11:44 AM  
A2

Johny Coreno's is comin' to San Marcos

Yeah......(and I think this scuttlebutt is true,,,,I mean I know it's true)

Where the ol' Golden Coral was, there fixin' to build a Johny Coreno's....

A2

Old 11-21-2003, 07:57 PM  

It is true......

Will possibly get an Olive Garden now too.....

Old 11-22-2003, 12:06 PM  

i'm not to big on olive garden, however any growth is positive growth.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:26 PM  

Corino's is straight out of a can! They use to be of a much higher quality. I'm not sure what happened, but do not go there. For what you pay, you could do much better. Let me put it this way...Fazzoli's is of the same quality at the right price. Go there instead.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:14 PM  

why

i'm sorry but where does this mentality that any growth is positive come from? why should we sell our small town soul to consumer america? who really gives a **** if we have another chain-fast-food-joint or walmart-box-store? i mean, HONESTLY, when you drive through planno or katy or leander you could be anywhere. those places are totally devoid of soul and center. just one starbu$ks-oldnavy-homedepot-chili's after another. thank.s but i'd rather not.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:30 AM  
A2

Well on that note........Sams Club is getting ready to build a store in front of lowes, and as soon as that's in, the areas between Wonder World and Clovis Barker is going to go off like an atom bomb.

I hate corino's, just figured it was news worthy, and that was two years ago.

Not particularly fond of Sam's neither, but I'm already a member....

i'm sorry but where does this mentality that any growth is positive come from?
-- economics

hy should we sell our small town soul to consumer america?
-- $$$$

who really gives a **** if we have another chain-fast-food-joint or walmart-box-store?
-- people looking for jobs, and people looking to spend the tax role

i mean, HONESTLY, when you drive through planno or katy or leander you could be anywhere.
--Leander used to be called BAGDAD ( no lie )
-- Forbidden Gardens, in Katy, Texas,
is a fascinating outdoor museum
replicating some of China's major
historic scenes. Guided tours take
you back to the third century BC to
view the first Emperor's amazing
6,000 piece terra-cotta army
replicated in 1/3 scale. The tour
continues to the intricately detailed
miniatures of the famous Forbidden
City in Beijing which served as
palaces for nearly 500 years of
Imperial rule. this park has been in movies, and all over tv. If you just drive through Katy and pass it off as ..what did you say " totally devoid of soul" you my friend are sadly mistaken...
--Plano does suck BUT they do have the SOUTHFORK ranch, no one can diss J.R. Ewing

I agree that too much growth, or I should say, growth in the wrong direction can be devestating to a small town, but if you think it's bad now wait about 15 years and see what's it like then.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:19 PM  

I prefer local to chain when it comes to eats, because the good locals are better. That said, there are not many great food choices in SM outside of BBQ.

Also, SM needs an alternative to HEB. Let's get some competition here.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:31 PM  
A2

I agree. I try to support local companies as much as possible. Your right there's not much choice, except for BBQ AND Mexican food. If you can't find a mexican food resturaunt in san marcos that you like then you have issues.

Also, there is a great alternative to HEB when it comes to fresh produce. Quevas ( not sure on spelling ) Mr. Quevas sells wholesale fruit and vege's to a majority of the resturaunts here in town, he also sells extra stock out of his warehouse/store on River Road and the north bound feeder. He's not to friendly at first,but once you make a couple of apperances and throw him a couple of extra bills now and then you will find that he is as good of a good ol' boy as you can get and a true staple/asset to San Marcos. Plus his stuff is cheap as ****, the selection is totally random, as to say you will never know what all he will have in there (or what he won't have in there), but it's always as fresh as it gets. One of, if not thee, best alternative to HEButt$
Old 09-30-2005, 11:07 PM  

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to check this guy out!

I try to stop at Central Market (yes, I know this is HEB) or Whole Foods in Austin when I have the chance because 15-20% of the produce at HEB in SM is rotten at any given time. I've actually found the produce at the "little" HEB to be much better than the big, but they have absolutely no fish. What a pain. Plus, the aisles cannot fit more than one shopper.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:34 AM  

The farmer's market on Tues in the parking lot behind Mazak's is pretty good, too. Not so cheap sometimes but a few good deals, plus a lot of it is organic, and it supports local farmers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads