Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2007, 01:33 PM  

EqualVoice.. Norton also said two days ago that he or she would post the campaign finance report for Mr. Bose. He or she has yet to do it.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:35 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
i'm confused. there is already is a task force right now in place but then someone in the audience asked them about another task force, some multi agency task force that bose and robinson said they were not aware of it.

i was not there but that is what i heard. i know someone with jude video taped it so post a youtube of the question and answer. that would really clear the air on who is right or wrong.
It is a little confusing to the casual observer. Our incumbent council members should not be casual observers and did not give out misinformation innocently.

There are two groups commonly called taskforces that are separate but overlapping and filed together under the Sagewood category. One is a group of city employees led by Assistant Chief Dvorak charged with considering a range of solutions to Sagewood-like problems STARTING WITH "Marshal" Ken Bell's landlord licensing and inspections regime. (I try to call this body "the working group" to separate it form the other). The multi-agency alcohol taskforce was first advanced by City Manager Dan O'Leary in a SMDR article I wrote. He specifically says the group will employ informants, undercover cops and surveillance to, ostensibly, curb underage drinking. Bose and Robertson were present (and Bose appeared to be awake this meeting when Chris Jones forced a discussion on the multi-agency alcohol taskforce at the Oct. 17 meeting.

Many people do kind of lump both projects together under the name taskforce but Mr. Bose and Ms. Robertson cannot legitimately claim to be mistaken because Sagewood-related issues had dominated their previous THREE council meetings in the runup to he ASG debate. I'm sure they can't forget the throngs of angry people on all sides who feel the council has failed the city by not solving these problems after years of chitchat.

Here is the SMDR article "City targets Sagewood" on the alcohol taskforce: http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archi...251174608.html

Here is the charmingly cheeky video 'Gaylord Bose Presents Solutions to Sagewood':

Here is "Marshal" Ken Bell's proposed rental licensing and inspections regime: http://newstreamz.com/wp-content/upl...on-9-18-07.pdf

Here are Jude's thoughts on Sagewood in a guest column written for the University Star: http://newstreamz.com/2007/10/31/mar...d-inspections/

Old 11-03-2007, 06:00 PM  

By the way, I wonder what the cops are going think when they roll out their alcohol taskforce, the **** hits the fan from a public outcry and Mr. Bose and Ms. Robertson leave them to twist in the wind, saying they didn't know anything about it and had been kept in the dark.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:44 PM  

I heard the Mayor wrote Betsy Robinson a letter of apology about her statements being misquoted. Not sure about Gaylord Bose. I wish Betsy would post the apology letter for us to see or Bose if he got one.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:09 PM  

I dont know if the University Star misquoted the mayor or not. They didn't even mention Mr. Bose claiming he did not support raising the city council minimum age. Mr. Bose and Ms. Robertson willfully mislead people about their knowledge of a student-targetted taskforce of undercover cops, informants and surveilance.

I eat a bowl of oatmeal and read the University Star every night so I can go to bed with nothing on my stomach and nothing on my mind.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!