Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: DO you think the economic downfall was caused by...
Reactionary media industry beating the drums of war. 1 33.33%
A new administration bent on maximizing their own fortunes over real stability. 0 0%
Bush's blatent stupidity and blind devotion to corporations. 1 33.33%
I could care less. 0 0%
Shut up, I was happy before I read this. 0 0%
Concious misdirection of proven economic relief by suiting the needs of the rich beyond public measureability. 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2003, 07:26 PM  

Just for grins.

Don't take more than 10 seconds to decide...

Old 08-02-2003, 09:06 AM  

Ever heard of a goddamned business cycle??????

:evil:

Old 08-02-2003, 09:38 AM  

Simple terms

If the news were to broadcast the term, "business cycle" as a response to the resession...what sort of reaction do you think it would draw from those who are without jobs and medical coverage as a direct result of the economy slipping.

It's almost funny. To take the entire picture into account and factor in all of the suffering, tax cuts afforded to the wealthiest, fallout of corporate scandals, reduction of medical coverage for seniors on medicaid, and basically any sort of negative impact that bad govermental decisions have had on the populous....to call this simply a "business cycle" is like calling the accidental bombing of civillians....a miscalculation. (fails to address the reality of...why)
Old 08-03-2003, 02:00 PM  

hear here!!! :!:
Old 08-03-2003, 04:50 PM  

All factors taken into account in the term business cycle
Old 08-03-2003, 07:26 PM  

Business Cycle

Parrothead, I have never heard the term Business Cycle used to describe all of those things I've listed - really. I've heard the term life cycle before, but it always seemed to describe and encompass a myriad of good and bad from the perspective of a single being, or phylum/group. If was certainly always more of a scientific expression I thought. I suppose "business cycle" can be used from a strictly scocioeconomical stance, but I was speaking as a feeling human being pissed off about the state of affairs - not a scientist with certain indifferences to the world.

Besides, and I know you realize this...truley, one little label is not enough to cover the conditions under which human beings live, flourish and suffer.

I'm done ranting, thanks for tossing out your perspective, I appreciate it.

- MA
Old 08-05-2003, 01:07 PM  

This might be one cause

The result of our a economy is from the long term effect of outsourcing jobs to foreign countries. Too many companies are setting up shop outside the US for cheap labor, and i'm not talking 'bout Nike...i'm talking 'bout American Xpress, Verizon, Yahoo, Microsoft.

These corporations seek the benefits of cheap labor, in hopes of benefiting their customers, but that never happens and in the long run lots of American jobs will be lost.

So...the economic downfall could be easily fixed if we offered incentives for corporations to set up shop in America, or maybe incentive for keeping a qouta of American workers domestic or abroad.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:57 PM  
Antny

I'd have to give a lot of credit to Bush's stupidity...but you have to give a great deal to the gullible populace of the USA. American Apathy and Consumerism, with little forethought about the reprecussions of our actions and attitudes in the Global Arena1

Antny
Old 05-31-2004, 04:31 PM  

America has lived on the top for so long. We have millionaires,billionaires, and trillionaires.The thought of getting paid less than what we are used to is disheartening.
As the world becomes connected, every country will partake in this global market. Universal wages will be set, countries will differ slighty on pay scales i believe, but not by much.

What america has to do is provide the push for advancement. We still reign top for science and engineering, but lately it has been lacking due to tighter immigration restrictions. We need to foster the sciences and be known for a country of innovation rather than fast foods, and big box stores. It would be sad to see the American economy enter into this new global market known as the fast food king.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.