Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2007, 06:11 PM  

Kim Porterfield's campaign materials include a postcard, a blue door hanger, and a letter dated Oct. 15 and addressed to "Dear San Marcos Voter."

These materials do NOT mention that she works at Texas State University. The information from the Texas State website is below.

Community Relations @ Texas State

The Office of Community Relations was established in June of 2001. Originally housed in the Alumni House on N. LBJ Drive, the office moved to its current location "The River House" in November of 2005.

Kim Porterfield
Director
communityrelations@txstate.edu

Holly Lazenby
Administrative Assistant
hl10@txstate.edu

What is she trying to hide? A conflict of intrest Im sure

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:43 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immis View Post
Kim Porterfield's campaign materials include a postcard, a blue door hanger, and a letter dated Oct. 15 and addressed to "Dear San Marcos Voter."

These materials do NOT mention that she works at Texas State University. The information from the Texas State website is below.

Community Relations @ Texas State

The Office of Community Relations was established in June of 2001. Originally housed in the Alumni House on N. LBJ Drive, the office moved to its current location "The River House" in November of 2005.

Kim Porterfield
Director
communityrelations@txstate.edu

Holly Lazenby
Administrative Assistant
hl10@txstate.edu

What is she trying to hide? A conflict of intrest Im sure
Every article on Kim Porterfield has pointed out that she works for the university. I think you assume that san marcos voters are ignorant and poorly informed. It is this type of inferiority complex that people have about others in this town that holds all of us back. You ought to start having better faith in your fellow citizens and maybe work on informing them instead of complaining about it on the Internet.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:00 PM  

Well maybe its kim that thinks they are ignorant and uninformed since it was her campaign that left out that bit of information.

?If you can't convince them, confuse them.?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:13 AM  

eric why don't you think she mentioned it in any of her campaign flyers or debates?

you believe the majority of san marcos residents know it already?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:06 PM  

San Marcos
I actually just got a postcard today. Kind of late in the game, but oh well.

No reference to Texas State on it.

I'm not sure if that really means anything, but it's not on there.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:09 PM  

Why is there such a need to mention where she works on a flyer? I received flyers on campus and by looking at them I wouldn't be able to tell you where they worked...unless of course Mr. Bose works at the skate park.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:31 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EqualVoice View Post
Why is there such a need to mention where she works on a flyer? I received flyers on campus and by looking at them I wouldn't be able to tell you where they worked...unless of course Mr. Bose works at the skate park.
EqualVoice: Did Mr Bose's flier say why he is no longer the Kyle prison warden? Did it mention the audit report on the use of state funds under his watch that he appears unwilling to produce? Maybe it was a cut-rate job as they were still "missing" the $1,000 in contributions HE FAILED TO REPORT in his finance disclosure.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:38 PM  

San Marcos
I don't know that it matters that she doesn't mention SWT and I said that I don't know that it matters. I was just confirming that I finally got one and it does not.

As for why Bose left the prison, it does not need to be on a postcard any more than Prather's discharge details.

What's with all the mud-slinging? Aren't there enough meaningful issues to discuss?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:17 PM  

Kim Portefield Responds

I just became aware of this blog and after reading some of the posts, I felt compelled to respond, although I prefer to communicate with people personally, directly. So if you have questions about me, my motivations for seeking a council position, or the approach I would take in making decisions, give me a call or send me an e-mail. You can call me at 618.8711 or e-mail me at kimforcouncil@gmail.com.

I am proud to work at Texas State University and have never tried to hide that fact. I have handed out or mailed more than 6,000 pieces of campaign ?literature? which mention not just my current employment at Texas State, but also my former position at the San Marcos CISD and even my ancient history as a reporter for the San Marcos ?Almost? Daily Record. In my opening remarks at the League of Women Voters Debate (which you can watch on Time Warner Cable!), I bragged about my job and my involvement in such programs as Bobcat Build, Pack it Up and Pass in On, and the numerous college awareness tours we do for local youth. And here is the opening paragraph of my guest editorial to the University Star, which ran on October 24:

?I came to San Marcos from Houston in 1979 to attend college. I might as well have died and gone to heaven. I?ve been blessed to raise my family and further my career here.
Now that career allows me to work with Texas State University students to do great things: Bobcat Build, Pack It Up, and dozens of other student initiatives.?

Some of my campaign stuff, doorknob hangers and the most recent postcard, didn?t mention my job because I felt it was more important to include other information, like the early voting locations, or the endorsement of the San Marcos Police Officers Association. My job is a big part of my life, but it doesn?t define who I am as a person.

Look folks, if you think I?m not fit to represent this city because I work at Texas State, or because I live in a different neighborhood than you ? then don?t vote for me. But don?t presume to know me without having talked to me, and don?t cast aspersions on my character.

I want to get beyond this ?us vs. them? mentality. I want to represent everyone in San Marcos, no matter where you live or work. I want to help bring our town together.

Kim Porterfield
Old 11-04-2007, 01:38 AM  

I dont think anyone should care where you live that is irrelevant and should not matter.
Its not that but another word on the street that you told a friend you were happy to move out of your previous neighborhood and into your current one to get away from the renters.

If this is in fact true and you said that then it hits a nerve with my husband and I who are currently dealing with problem renters but can not just move away.

It makes it seem like instead of working to fix the problem you just left which we cant do.

Dont want to sound like a Gossip Queen but just wanted to get the air cleared on that since its a major concern for us and our neighbors this election.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads