Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2010, 10:00 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
Herbert's gives you the first round of chips and salsa for free and then charges you for any more.

Someone that used to work at a TC's in S.A. said that they use green peas to make the guacamole go further. That's just wrong.
I was wondering why my bill is always so expensive at Herberts. I feel like I should get out for under 8 bucks every time I go, then when the bill comes it's a whole other story. How sneaky.

---and messing with the gaucamole?! That is wrong.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
Herbert's gives you the first round of chips and salsa for free and then charges you for any more. They're like chips and salsa drug dealers, you know you gotta have another round.

I grew up eating at the original Taco Cabana in S.A., but the one here in town is awful and has made me sick and messed up my order too many times. Someone that used to work at a TC's in S.A. said that they use green peas to make the guacamole go further. That's just wrong.
Well I'm not eating there. I understand it costs money, but half of going to eat Mexican food is the chips and salsa.

As for messing with guacamole, some one should be beaten severely for that. Raise the price if you have to, don't mess with the food.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:41 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Well I'm not eating there. I understand it costs money, but half of going to eat Mexican food is the chips and salsa.
On the plus side, they normally bring out a free order of tortillas with the meal.

I just didn't like when I requested queso instead of Verde sauce on my enchiladas they hit me with an additional $2 charge. I'm poor, hungry college student, do you know how much ramen that is?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Yes, 10-20 depending on where you can find it.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:25 AM  

San Marcos, TX
You have to try Rogelio's and J&L Martinez, both are great, a little of the main road so people tend to forget about them.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 PM  

san marcos, texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteo4n6 View Post
You have to try Rogelio's and J&L Martinez, both are great, a little of the main road so people tend to forget about them.
Where are they?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:21 AM  

Rockwall
Yes where are they located? I haven't heard of them before, but I'm always up for something new, especially hole-in-the-walls.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:20 PM  

San Marcos, TX
J & L is on W. MLK drive, at the corner of Feltner across from the old , its packed on the weekends, sometimes you end up sharing tables with strangers but, hey we are all family in SM.
Rogelios is behind Auto-Zone. I can't think of the name of the street, but that is always how I describe directions there. The road running behind Auto-Zone-parallel to Guadalupe.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:36 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Behind Fritz's muffler shop, or before that?
Old 10-29-2010, 04:04 PM  

San Marcos, TX
If you are on Guadalupe, turn at Fritz's (love street) now heading northbound, at the next intersection you you will see Rogelios', its at the corner of Love street and S. LBJ-across the street from Mana's #2, which is another hole in the wall mexican place worth visiting.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads