Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2007, 10:04 AM  

moving to San Marcos this month.....any advice??

Hello.....My husband and I are retired and moving to San Marcos to the Stone Brook Senior apts. I would like some advice about how to get around town.....where to eat.......where to shop.......or any other stuff you would like to share. I don't even know where the closest Walmart is. Thanks

Old 06-04-2007, 03:13 PM  

San Marcos
Welcome.

Lowe's is right across the highway, on Wonder World. There are a few stores over there, with a few more on the way.

A few exits south is the outlet mall. Plenty of shopping there.

HEB grocery store is a couple exits north, on Hopkins/Hwy 80 - west of the interstate (although there is a smaller one, also on Hopkins, a little closer to you).

Wal-Mart is also on Hwy 80, but it is east of the interstate. Not too far from HEB, is Target, Best Buy and a few other stores.

There are plenty of threads here about dining already. I like the Italian Garden, Zen's pizza, Craig O's pizza, Kobe, Texas Red's Steakhouse, Garcia's, the Taco Hut on Aquarena Springs, The Root Cellar, Palmer's (outside, for lunch), Thai Thai, Grins (also outside), Centerpoint Station (across the highway from the outlet mall), Gordo's Burgers and Stuff (on North LBJ) and a few others.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:16 PM  

Thanks for info

:smile: Thanks for the info...will put it to good use
Old 06-07-2007, 08:54 PM  

I might add that there are tons of history-related items to go and visit around town if you're into that sort of thing as well. Aquarena Springs is home to one of the oldest Clovis Indian prehistoric sites dating back 12,000 years or so and was a huge tourist attraction at one time. Wonder Cave is over on Prospect Street just south of the city center and it makes a nice afternoon visit.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:14 PM  

We lived there for a little over a yr. great group of people. They have several activities going so you won't get bored. Great swimming pool and lunch is always good

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!