Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2005, 09:49 AM  
david whitbeck

NEVER GO TO GORDOS!

My band, the ak-47s, played at Gordos last night and we pulled about 50 people just from our highschool. Now from what everyone told me and the booking agent, gordos was and still is an all ages club. Then all of a sudden, the manager just shows up and says. **** all you guys it's 18 and up. They lost tons of money and we lost tons of our crowd. THANK YOU GORDOS FOR BEING DICKS!
Old 12-10-2005, 09:53 AM  
David Whitbeck

Oh ya, i forgot. The few kids that did make it in to see us, they made them leave at TEN!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:20 PM  

Boy does your story bring back memories. It just goes back to the fact that guy is a jerk. I saw a band called the Motards there. They got the power shut off halfway through their set. Did you get to finish yours?
Old 12-10-2005, 03:54 PM  

we had to start early so our friends didnt have to leave at 10 in the middle of the set
Old 12-13-2005, 02:59 AM  
MASTER OF DISASTER!!!!

FFFFFFNNNN G TO THE D.

Gordos sounds like a cave and smells like wee wee. One time I got so wasted there during a show that I passed out while the next band played.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:05 AM  

San Marcos
I'm pretty sure I mentioned something about the owner in previous posts.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:42 PM  
allbeall1

gordo's

gordo's is 18+ unless other arrangements are made. gordo's is more like an event center than just a concert venue and therefore can not be all ages for every event. lucy's is the only venue that is always all ages.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:33 PM  

and that is why i will never go to gordos and always to lucys
Old 12-14-2005, 07:23 PM  

actually the owner is considering making gordo's all ages
Old 12-15-2005, 07:44 AM  

well when we played there (dec 9th) the manager said Gordos was always 18 and up, and always has been.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads