Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2006, 04:48 PM  

Police Shoot Man with Fork

I call 911 and scream for help. My two older sons are afraid of the their teenage brother and don't do anything to keep him from jabbing my face and neck with a fork. The Police show up and when the jabbing continues they shoot my son. How dare they? Who do they think they are?

Or coulda been--

I call 911 and scream for help. My two older sons are afraid of the their teenage brother and don't do anything to keep him from jabbing my face and neck with a fork. The Police show up but they don't do anything because they are trying to get a good shot with their taser or pepper spray and are very considerate about using too much force. After about the 5th stab in the neck it hits my carotid artery and I die. How dare they? Who do they think they are? They just let the man kill my mama!!

Old 09-01-2006, 04:02 PM  

Ugh

The deputy should be held accountable for the ditch incident(it appears to me). This was not San Marcos Police but Hays County Sheriff deputy. County Sheriff law enforcement in Texas is scary.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 PM  

Note to self..abide by the law, do what's right...no problem. Violate the law, act like a jackhole, and pay the price. Seems like justice.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:23 PM  

unfortunately this is not the first time somebody has been shot because of silverware in San Marcos. There was a butter knife incident not to long ago. we must remember police officers are just like us. they are people too. They make mistakes; however, they have the right to protect themselves and most importantly they have the right and duty to protect others. These public servants deal with wackos everyday and it doesn't take a butter knife or a fork to kill someone it takes a wacko or someone protecting theirself or someone else.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:25 AM  

The entire ordeal with the shooting of the man with the fork is incredibly unfortunate. That tragedy could have been avoided at any time that day, but the series of events unfolded the way it did, and now everyone has to move forward.
The attacker (fork guy), I'm told, apparently had mental problems and, from what I heard, may not have been taking his medications. The family was supposedly having a heated argument (I don't know about what) and someone called 911. Police arrive on the scene and the attacker has his mother in the street with a metal object being jabbed into her neck. I'm sure there was screaming involved. The officer on scene had a duty to protect her. The attacker did not follow commands by the officer who had drawn his weapon. There were very few options at that point. He acted as best he could with limited information (911 call, domestic dispute, attacker with victim/hostage). Only later would we all find out the rest of the story and realize the depth of the tragedy.
I feel the deepest sympathy for the young man who lost his life, the family that grieves for him, the community that has lost faith in the police, and even for the officer who wrestles with the outcome of the day on a daily basis.
We may never know why the attacker was not properly medicated, why the family was arguing, why the police were even called, why the attacker took his mother hostage, or why the attacker did not respond to the officer's commands. But rather than rush to judge, I think we should appreciate how this tragedy touches all involved, including us, the community. And I am glad we have a forum like this to discuss local events and share our own perspective with others.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.