Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2007, 05:20 PM  

Protest the Canadian Seal Hunt

Hello:

I would just like to let everyone know that I have a petition currently In circulation and It will be ongoing Indefinitely so as to stop the seal hunt that goes on In Canada every year, so for all those people that would like to see the Canadian seal hunt end for good and to try and stop It from happening again next year please go ahead and stop by and sign my petition.

I thank everyone who signs every signature does count and hopefully together we can end this cruelty once and for all.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please go to this web page If you wish to support a worthy cause and pass on to everyone you know

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/yearlyhunt

Old 03-25-2007, 05:35 PM  
A2

From the BBC

Fishermen in Canada have begun what is expected to be one of the biggest seal-hunting seasons in decades.

The hunters returned to the ice floes after the government gave the go-ahead for more than 300,000 seals to be killed this year.

Authorities say the hunt is now more humane and that the rising seal population needs to be controlled.

As in previous years, animal rights groups are campaigning against the hunt, which they say is cruel.

The activists also say Canada is trying to appease fishing communities for political reasons.

The fishermen blame the seals for the devastation of Canada's fish stocks and have pressed for a renewed culling.

The two-month hunt takes place on ice floes off the Atlantic coast, where the seals give birth.

Earlier this month, the Department of Fisheries and Oceans said in a statement that Canada's seal population was healthy and abundant.

"The harp seal herd - the most important seal herd for this industry - is estimated at around five million animals, nearly the highest level ever recorded, and almost triple what it was in the 1970s."

Old 03-26-2007, 02:37 PM  

Where can I get a permit?

Love to have a permit....who do we need to contact?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:46 PM  

Jeez......poooooor baby seals. Gimme a break. Last I heard there were TOO MANY seals, so the only real problem is how humane it is, right?

It's not like they're torturing these animals or slowly burning them to death over a fire. A club to the head seems about right, it is much more humane than those evil furry little creatures deserve...

Does seal meat taste good?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:29 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleCaveman View Post
Does seal meat taste good?
Dang.

That's the first thing I wondered myself.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!