Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2004, 08:30 AM  
Conservative

Sorry about that hippie ref. but I

couldn't resist, first impressions count and since I came to work in this burg, I don't believe I've ever seen so much tie-dye, men with braids, women who look like Joan Baez, guitar-playin' "musician" wannabes, pot smokin', hemp store groupies, who are badly in need of full time jobs......don't you see that too.

I have a full time job, and just wish people would get off that flower bus and face the fact that they have to grow up sometime. Don't we have enough of that already?geez
Old 03-10-2004, 04:22 PM  
A2

You can't get rid of the hippies....

Do I hate TSU....no I said I was Pissed @ TSU....There's a huge difference between those two words.
Although I do HATE them at times, I would like to say that I dislike them,,,when it comes to the River...

Do you know that the river clean up was last sat. ( I didn't attend this year, so I really can't say to much..bbuuutttt) The university made no attempt to show any type of support. Now Frats and sorts have done it before, part of a pledge drive I'm sure...But for a university like TSU to put a photo of the river in eversingle freakin' brouchure, and then not give a rat's ass when It came to cleaning it up???????

Very Disappointing.

The lions club is on my list also if you must know.
and that fool that has the olympic outdoor center on the service road,,,,,,,HEY *******...WHY NOT MOVE YOUR BUSTED ASS CARS AWAY FROM THE RIVER.....I can't have a broken car in my front yard, and he's got two sittin' 30 feet from the god damn water.....

Why am I telling you.....? LOL

Have you ever lived in a college town before????

I took one summer semester here and that was it.....College is a waste of time and money....(can't you tell by my grammar...)

And I've never gotten a parkin' ticket in my life...

AND Mr. Conservative (who ever you are)

When you assume ..you make an ass out of me and u

I also don't like the way the high school is spending my tax money, either.........big suprise eh?

Old 03-10-2004, 04:27 PM  
A2

riddle me this......

I never understood why conservatives are called conservatives.
and liberals are called liberals.......It seems like conservatives want more government involvement in my life........Doesn't conserve mean not use so much?????

Well when ol' Georgey Boy wants to test ****in' idot baseball players for roids......Doesn't he have something better to worry about?????

Oh yeah......just 'cause I care about the river doesn't make me a hippie.......
What part of town do you live in anyway.....Sounds like you need to move if there's that many freaks around you.......cheeezzzz
Old 03-13-2004, 02:28 PM  

conservation

If conservatives really wanted to conserve, then wouldn't they be pushing an energy policy that steers us toward renewable fuel and away from oil?

Also funny, now that they have they power they want to amend the freaking constitution to ban gay marriage.. didn't they used to be about less government involvement? Oh, I guess that only applies to the EPA now.

I'm so frustrated with this administration. Every time I hear on the radio 'President Bush announced today.. ' I cringe.. because in 3 years I've only heard a few things that sounded sensible to me. Pretty much everything else has just made me angry.. Of course I lean a little to the left here.

Rambling on.. it's really sad to see the country in such a divided state. There really is a lot of bad feelings on both sides of the fence, and so much inflammatory rhetoric going around that it makes it hard to believe that we're ever going to get much done. Then again, if only the other side would just see sense!
Old 03-13-2004, 02:58 PM  
A2

Good to hear from ya Hodge Ol' man.....

ya,,,,I cringe every time I hear Constitional Amendment....

We've been Working on ours for 300 years, and we're supposed to help other countries write theirs???? L O L

Didn't Dubya's dad's administration make it to where there was no fault divorce? We're as, I can divorce my wife, wether whe wants to or not.....

I would think that most homosexuals are pissed about all theGay Marriages....They had it so good before. They could be with someone that they truly loved and no-one would ever ask why they wheren't married..It was assumed that they we're together for pure love, and there was no society pushing them to exchange vows.
Plus, I would think that alot of them enjoyed being outside the law. Not wanting to have to conform to some ritual/fiscal/social event to prove that they loved the other person....

FREE
LOVE

I hate voting..

A2
Old 03-18-2004, 10:09 AM  

HAHA.. I think the onion put it best when they said something like..

Quote:
It's not enough that my mom is already hassling me about being gay, now she'll be bugging me to get married as well.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:53 PM  

liberals vs. conservatives.

Conservatives love to paint liberals as anti-government, unpatriotic foolish hippies.

The basic premise for liberals is altruism, unselfish regard for or devotion to the welfare of others. This may sound sound free love, hippy thinking, but is it really that bad to practice this philosophy? I think not.

See, liberals love america with maturity. Much like adults love each other, and wants the best for each other which can cause differing opinions to reach a solution.
Conservatives on the other hand love america like a 4 yr old does to their mother. Anyone who talks bad about mommy is a bad person and knows nothing at all, stupid hippies.

I regret that kerry has won the nomination, however anybody but bush will suffice this time around.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.