Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2007, 08:00 PM  

Riverwalk no more?

Whatever happend with the planned riverwalk development in North San Marcos?

Did it fall through? If so, was it because people didn't want it here, or funding?

Just curious.

The site used to be: http://www.blancoriverwalk.com/ and the developer was AnnMar Equities (www.annmarllc.com)

Old 03-11-2007, 07:33 PM  
A2

If you go to the Parks and Recs dept. you can see the master plan for the five mile dam area. Which includes massive housing, commericial sites, an Alamo Draft House, huge mall, etc.

I don't remember seeing a river walk. It would be tough to do on the blanco, seeing as how most of the year there is no river, and the other parts it floods unconrollable.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:59 AM  

You can see most of what used to be at the blancoriverwalk.com site at archive.org...

I wonder if that P&R doc is online somewhere?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:27 AM  

Hrmm, I couldn't find anything about 5-mile, but I did find this pretty informative page re: the downtown MASTER PLAN...

http://www.ci.san-marcos.tx.us/depar...MasterPlan.htm
Old 03-23-2007, 07:40 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenman View Post
You can see most of what used to be at the blancoriverwalk.com site at archive.org...

I wonder if that P&R doc is online somewhere?
Yeah I knew about archive.org. I'm more curious to find out what happened to make it fall through?

Quote:
Hrmm, I couldn't find anything about 5-mile, but I did find this pretty informative page re: the downtown MASTER PLAN...

http://www.ci.san-marcos.tx.us/depar...MasterPlan.htm
Please don't take this the wrong way but, what's so new and interesting about that? I've known for a while about the whole idea of redoing downtown. Haven't most people? If I'm wrong I stand corrected.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yeah I knew about archive.org. I'm more curious to find out what happened to make it fall through?
I just posted the link because I was curious what was actually on the old site, and thought others reading the post might be too, and I could save them the time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way but, what's so new and interesting about that? I've known for a while about the whole idea of redoing downtown. Haven't most people? If I'm wrong I stand corrected.
I never said it was either new or interesting..

I was blatantly trying to be melodramatic, seeing as the name of the thing is "master plan"....about the most retarded thing I've ever heard of....why not call it the "super awesome plan" or some such?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:04 PM  

Quote:
I just posted the link because I was curious what was actually on the old site, and thought others reading the post might be too, and I could save them the time..
Ah true. Good idea.

Quote:
I never said it was either new or interesting..

I was blatantly trying to be melodramatic, seeing as the name of the thing is "master plan"....about the most retarded thing I've ever heard of....why not call it the "super awesome plan" or some such?
Hehehe. Yeah, I think "Master plan" is stupid too, but it seems a lot of people use the term "master plan" for development of neighborhoods and other areas. I wonder why?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:52 AM  

blanco riverwalk

The Blanco Riverwalk is under construction. It is not at the 5 mile dam location. If you travel on I-35, look to the west just north of the river. There is a lot of equipment over there. I heard that construction was held up because the money bags behind it kicked the bucket, but I don't know if there is any truth to that.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:27 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol View Post
The Blanco Riverwalk is under construction. It is not at the 5 mile dam location. If you travel on I-35, look to the west just north of the river. There is a lot of equipment over there. I heard that construction was held up because the money bags behind it kicked the bucket, but I don't know if there is any truth to that.
Yeah I've been noticing that lately. I've been hopeful that that is indeed what is going on over there.

I keep waiting for beneficial development to support the populous here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!