Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2008, 06:46 PM  

Rose vs. Young

Would like to hear thoughts on who your voting for and why.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:59 PM  

Do Not Vote For Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubbe View Post
Would like to hear thoughts on who your voting for and why.
Dear Interested Voter, Young, I have never met, Rose I have and I will not be voting for Rose!!!:tongue:

Old 10-28-2008, 10:35 PM  

Rose is one of the reps that walked off the job and ran to New Mexico (or was it Ok?) becasue his party did not get their way. If I was being paid to do a job and did not like what I was being asked to do and ran away for a week, do you think I would still have a job when I got back?

FIRE ROSE!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:33 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesquiteMan View Post
Rose is one of the reps that walked off the job and ran to New Mexico (or was it Ok?) becasue his party did not get their way. If I was being paid to do a job and did not like what I was being asked to do and ran away for a week, do you think I would still have a job when I got back?

FIRE ROSE!
Mesquite Man the state senators ran off to New Mexico. The state reps ran off to OK. The redistricting plan that Rep. Rose and most of the Democrats were opposed to was ruled illegal under the Voters Rights Act by a Republican appointed Federal Judge. The Republicans blocked congressional redistricting by the legislature, prefering to take their chances with the federal courts. When the Republican appointed federal judge didn't give Tom DeLay what they wanted they decided to have a redo in the state legislature. Many of the rural Republican members were quitely supportive of their Democratic colleagues walk out because DeLay's plan was bad for their districts, but they were too afraid of Craddick and DeLay to fight them. If you hate rural folks, Rose was wrong because the DeLay redistricting plan marginalized an awful lot of rural voters by gerrymandering them into suburban domonated districts. Hell our congressman was from Laredo. Rose has been a solid moderate member.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:42 AM  

And further Rose actually seems to understand at least the basics of school finance, and is actually pushing the right fix to the system. Increasing the basic allotment and funding it. That fix gets SMCISD out of Robin Hood and would lower Wimberely's payments.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:15 PM  

This all is true but I don't care if you are a Repub or Demo, you still don't run off an hide just because you aren't getting your way. Sound like whay my 2 year old does when she does not get her way!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:43 PM  

Killer Bees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesquiteMan View Post

FIRE ROSE!
JET LAG! I did meet Mr. Young, but, he was so unassuming, and, "felt" like a neighbor, not a career politician. I supported Mr. Rose in the beginning, but, some times you just have to cut your loses and move on to higher pasture.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:17 AM  

Six years makes a career politician, remember Rose was first elected in 2002. Isn't Young already tied into the Perry/Insurance Company/Toll Road money/Republican general lobbyist money?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.