Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2003, 04:23 PM  
A2

San Marcos.....We have a problem.....

There was a parking lot across from the river pub....IT was closed because the city didn't want oil, trans. fluid, radiator fluid, leaking into the ground and into the river, plus they wanted to make back into natural wet lands....Which they did. And I agree....

They people who have the Olympic Kyac place on 35 North service road, just south of Mr. Quevas's vegetable stand..HAve the biggest ****in' parking lot right on the river....It's not right...Those cars should not park that close to the water, escpecially in town that far upstream...

Who can I write to, to voice my complaint?

Do any of y'all agree?

A2

Old 10-01-2003, 06:42 PM  

Ok, now i know where u're talking about. The place that sells those inner tubes right along the right going north.

They have a huge parking lot? I'll have to check that out next time i go through their.

The city may come around to regulating that business the same way it has dealt w/ river pub. River pub gets packed throughout the day, and so maybe the city felt it was urgent to put on their agenda to propose a solution.

However, i wouldn't doubt that they have similar plans for everyone w/ the same situation as river pub, to follow suit.

I guess what you could do to speed up the process is go to a city meeting, and speak to a council member and have them put you on the agenda. I know they have times at the end of meetings for public discussion and you can raise you're point during that time as well.

laterz

Old 10-02-2003, 08:05 AM  
A2

no ****

The parking lot is on the back side of the house....And at times I've counted 12 cars parked down there, one was parked about 3 feet from the water....All day and All night. They charge to park there for canoe trips. And they got those god damn racing gates strung all up and down the river...... If they don't help sponser the river clean up, there's going to be big trouble....

Also...I've been thinking about the wal-mart that was not allowed in Austin because of environmental impact?? What about the wal-mart here in town that sits on the Blanco River? Where do you think all their greasy parking lot water goes to? And where does the Blanco go to .5 mile down stream from there? Our beloved San Marcos River.....
Old 10-02-2003, 08:09 AM  
A2

furthur more

While I'm ranting.....
Has any one smelled sewer in the morning? I live behind Herberts Taco Hut and some mornings the smell of old poop and pee is so strong it almost knocks me out.....I thought the sewer treatment facility was new, this one stinks worse than the old one... My boy Marco lives in the red whearhouses on River road and he says sometimes he smells it.... I'ld hate to live in those apartments there across the street from that dang **** shack....The smell of the Animal Shelter would be like roses compared to the sewer treatment plant..

Much Love,
A2
Old 11-22-2003, 10:07 PM  
SE

YA Ive smelled that smell really early in the mornings and I also live behind Herberts.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:34 AM  
A2

I haven't smelled it lately..
Old 11-27-2003, 08:44 AM  

the smell

it hasn't been so bad lately but over here on barbara st i can still smell it sometimes. i think it's worse in the summer.. supposedly the city is going to spend some $ to fix the problem, but i'm not sure what that entails or when it might happen..
Old 12-20-2003, 07:11 PM  
SE

SAN MARCOS STINKS... just kidding

Is it only when youre down wind of the water treatment plant? I smelled it in November at about 3 in the morning on my way to a birth. If they are fixing the problem are they talking about what the problem is? SAM
Old 12-28-2003, 10:44 AM  
SE

could it be the lovelly smell of Lulling instead of the water treatment plant? I drove through last night and it reminded me of that smell. Sam
Old 01-09-2004, 03:44 PM  
towely

guess what...

Parking lots next to the river dont have the environmental impact you would think. Just about every road in this town drains into the river at some point. Everything from sessoms on up the hill drains into the river at joe's. Look at that little creek there next time it rains really good. It's at the headwaters of the river also.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!