Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2004, 06:18 PM  
A2

dd

it's just those two junky cars are nasty.
what can ya do?

Old 01-10-2004, 07:18 PM  

River Concerns

Heya A2, I hear ya about the drainage concern. I know there are quite a few points that drain into th San Marcos and take an enormous amount of runoff into them. The best bet for finding what you can do to help is calling the San Marcos River Foundation and talk to Dianne Wassenich. She is the most sincere and dedicated person regarding our clean waterways in Texas. In fact, she established the river foundation and has managed to present a serious force to reckon with regarding the passing of laws and water rights.

Good luck,

- MA

Old 01-11-2004, 06:45 AM  
A2

gracias.

Kyle mentioned that to me the other day and I totally forgot about it. Will try and remember to email her tonight.

Thanks again
A2
Old 01-11-2004, 11:39 AM  

they will be hosting a city meeting, on the smell along river road....in regards to the stench produced by the water treatment center.

i think a2 had a concern for that?
Old 01-11-2004, 06:06 PM  
A2

you bet I do

Let us know when.

I just went out to the back of my truck to get a coldbeer and the stench was overpowering.

Please let me know when this so called meeting is....

Going to the chamber of commerce "environmental resource committee meeting" Monday 12:00 noon @ Logans Roadhouse to pitch a bitch.

A2
Old 01-11-2004, 11:04 PM  

The San Marcos City Council will hold a workshop on Monday at 6 p.m. to hear recommendations from engineers on the repairs needed to eliminate odor problems and address performance issues at the River Road Wastewater Treatment Plant.

The workshop will be held in advance of the regular 7 p.m. council meeting at City Hall, 630 E. Hopkins. The meeting is open to the public and will be televised on Time-Warner Channel 10 and Grande Channel 16, the city's cable channels.

--- san marcos daily record.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:13 PM  

it was on monday. I saw a bit of it on TV, they mostly were discussing the various options available for controlling the smell. It seemed encouraging that no one on the city council seemed to be against doing something about it (who could be against it?).. the only bad part is they don't figure it will be ready until sometime in 2005..

so in the meantime i have to deal with it. funny, i never noticed the smell when I was looking at the place but there it is.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:50 PM  
Antny

Well...I guess it's an issue, but it's pretty close to the wastewater treatment plant there on the river, once they treat the water and put it back in...who cares about river run off. Also, the lot you're talking about is not a cement lot, it's road base sand and gravel, so the run-off isn't as bad, cause it tends to soak in...not run off.

I live in that area, and canoe and tube by that place all the time, and I don't think it's a problem...

Antny
Old 01-07-2005, 12:02 PM  
RIVER RAT

RIVER CONSERVATION

THERE IS A TRADE-OFF. BUSINESSES POLLUTE, BUT THEY ALSO FUND. TO KEEP THE RIVER CLEAN, THE CITY NEEDS MONEY. FORTUNATELY FOR US RIVER GOERS, THE TEXAS RIVER COMMISION IS MOVING TO SAN MARCOS; ACTUALLY AQUARENA SPRINGS. OUR TOWN AND RIVER WILL BE THE BENCHMARK FOR ALL OTHER AQUATIC HABITATS IN THE STATE AND COUNTRY. THIS INITIATIVE WILL ALLOW FOR INCREASED CONSERVATION AND SPEARHEADING BUSINESSES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW PROPER ENVIROMENTAL PRACTICES.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:46 PM  
hello

Re: gracias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Kyle mentioned that to me the other day and I totally forgot about it. Will try and remember to email her tonight.

Thanks again
A2
:lol: i love the smell

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.