Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2006, 02:58 PM  

Sean Patrick's Pub - HORRIBLE!

So, last night a few pals and I decided to try the new Sean Patrick's off the square. I thought, hey, an Irish Pub is always good fun, and from the outside it looked like a nice place. Yeah, it offers the requisite t.v.'s for sports, a shuffleboard table, and beer, but please, please, don't waste your money.

We were seated and looked over the menu. Ordered appetizers and a round of drinks. We all ordered draught beer from our *FIRST waitress*. Not too hard, right? It took *30 MINUTES* for our 3 beers to arrive. Seems our first waitress was a little confused. Our *SECOND waitress* brought the beers, finally. We finished and sat around, waiting for our 2 appetizer plates. During the waiting, we wanted a beer refill, so we waited for our waitress to return. She didn't. One of us went up to the bar to just get a round there, and even waited at the bar for another *20 MINUTES* just to get 3 *DRAUGHT* beers from one of the *THREE BARTENDERS* behind the bar. No, folks, it wasn't busy. It was around 7pm on a *MONDAY*. Waited for another *45 MINUTES* for 2 appetizers!? Oh, and guess what? They were indeed brought to us by our - count 'em - *THIRD waitress*. Needless to say, at that point, we were a little ticked, but we are fairly reasonable people and understand the craziness of a restaurant that has just opened. We decided to just wait for the ticket, pay, and go without complaining. Yeah, apparently patience is a virtue at Sean Patrick's. We waited for another *1 HOUR* for our ticket, despite begging any waitress we could see! Finally, our *FOURTH waitress* brought the ticket. We asked to see the manager, hoping for nothing other than an apology for having to endure an almost *4 HOUR* appetizer and drink outing, explained our evening and received nothing more than a nonchalant shrug and a scowl.

I'm not usually one to complain about bad service. This is my first posting to this site. I registered on this site for the express purpose of sharing my experience at Sean Patrick's with you hoping it will help others decide if they want to support this extreme lack of hospitality and respect for the customer in San Marcos.

To Sean Patrick's...good luck getting the community to warm up to your new business with this kind of attitude. None of my friends who have heard my story will be patronizing your establishment, and I can only guess the number of people who will read this post.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:24 PM  

Completely true. No prices are listed for any drinks on the menu.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 PM  

Agreed!

I totally second this. I play Irish Music, and was really excited when the place opened, thinking there'd finally be a good place to indulge that interest a bit.

WRONG! Went by tonight with my pennywhistles in hand. First bad sign: football on most of the televisions, and not the Irish kind. Second bad sign: no apparent place for live music. Third bad sign: I waited 15 minutes on the porch for service. The waitress wandered by and helped people at other tables four times while I sat there, but never bothered to get me a menu, take my order, or otherwise acknowledge my existence.

I didn't wait for the fourth bad sign; I took my business elsewhere. Nobody said a word as I left. I certainly shan't be coming back there.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:29 PM  

Irish Pub and TEXAS grub yum yum

This place is fun and I like it!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:14 PM  

Yes, Irish and Texas. Two great groups, both known for their hospitality. You will find none of that at Sean Patrick's. Oh, and we *were* seated by the hostess before the ordeal. We didn't just waltz in and sit just anywhere.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:57 PM  

Agreed

Two very welcoming groups of People: Irish and Texans. The "Owners" (that is funny also) have no attributes of either group of formentioned people. These boys only have attitudes....

CHeers

Rick
Old 11-24-2006, 02:52 PM  

Funny

Would love to go there more than once, food is great and the drinks!!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:38 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket View Post
Not one restaurant is perfect remember that...!!!!
I'm not sure what type of establishments you frequent, cricket, but I can assure you I have had the pleasure of enjoying *several* other restaurants characteristically perfect in every way.

Cheers
Old 11-30-2006, 08:52 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmarcoschad View Post
We asked to see the manager, hoping for nothing other than an apology for having to endure an almost *4 HOUR* appetizer and drink outing, explained our evening and received nothing more than a nonchalant shrug and a scowl.
I don?t understand what these owners are thinking. When I was there I asked the waitress who the owners were and she pointing them out to me. I went the first time on a week night and the place was not busy at all. The owner past by my table several time and never ask if everything was okay or thanked us for our business.

In the meantime we where complaining to each other about it taking 30 minutes to get a drink and forget about it if you wanted another round, good luck finding the waitress to serve you.

I can?t believe an owner wouldn?t take a customer complaint seriously, It is taught in my marketing classes that for every legitimate complaint that an owner receives there are 9 more that he is not getting. Thus, lots of unsatisfied customers never coming back. A business owner is supposed to welcome criticism, especially as a new business.

If the owners are reading this, I would rethink your approach to customer service. If you want to talk to me I will be at the Tap Room or J?s. I gave you two shots and you seemed to care less.

And by the way for every dissatisfied customer that walks through your place they tell seven others about their bad experience, for every satisfied customer they tell only two.

This is why you don?t see a complaint thread about Tap Room on here. Swallow your pride and cater to the ones who bring in the bucks. I might give you another shot in 6 months but word is spreading fast around campus about the bad service and you could be in the hole.

Sincerely,
Your Lost Revenue

PS. If I took the time to join a message board just to join in on telling my bad experience, you need to think about this and not shrug it off.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 PM  

Sean Patricks is horrible...

To start, cricket obviously works for, or owns part of, Sean Patricks. That being said, this place is going down fast! I've had very similar experiences to the above mentioned. Long wait times for drinks, even longer wait for food, horrible waitstaff (and it's always multiple servers?), and no sense of caring from the managment team? I've given this place four different chances thus far. I've tried lunch, dinner, and late night as well. It's unspeakably bad. Everyone around town seems to be saying the same thing, so it shouldn't be long until this place is closed and someone else can give the great location a better business! Mike and Bryan (the owners) should write a book on how to run a business into the ground, Lone Star Cafe could be the preface.

P.S. - Who drinks their mixed drinks with Pepsi or Sierra Mist?! Come on...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads