Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-25-2007, 04:12 AM  
A2

625 E Hopkins St, San Marcos, TX 78666, USA

That is the address for the San Marcos Public LIbrary. The park is sorta behind it, just pull into the library and go to the back of the parking lot...You can't miss it.

If you have any other problems finding it....Check in with www.bonelessone.com, and find the San Marcos Skatepark thread on the message board.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:56 AM  
A2

Old 10-20-2007, 04:34 PM  

The College kids have bought the White Trash Pipe a reprieve by promising to skate it once a week if I don't tear it down. Wednesdays at 7. If you need directions PM me.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:58 PM  

what's going on with getting the second part of the skate park built?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:58 AM  
A2

I guess we'll have to wait to see who wins place 2 before we can answer that, heck we might have to wait till November '08.

The mayor is trying everything she can to renig on her promise to the skaters in San Marcos.

The skatepark is so popular and is getting used so much that we NEED to expand it.

Brete,,,,,any more input on this topic ?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:07 AM  

what's up with the mayor not going forward with it?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:29 PM  

She lost that vote twice by 6-1. There's $180,000 set aside for phase two. Probably won't be enough, but should cover engineering plus one part of phase two. But it's time SPOSMAC raised some private money, which we're going to do. There's probably a SPOSMAC meeting in the near future once all the officers are available. We'll post up here and on myspace before it happens.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:03 PM  

i must have missed it. the mayor voted to fund the second half and only she voted for it?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:21 AM  

No the mayor was the only vote against. Everyone else on the council voted to keep the money already allocated to the skatepark allocated for the park.

Remember when voting this week that Gaylord Bosse and Betsy Robertson have supported the skatepark and other things for the people of San Marcos while Jude Prather and Kim Porterfield have called the existing park a waste of money.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:26 AM  

I was told the only reason Mayor Susan Narvaiz opposes the skate park is completely unrelated to the skate park.

The story i heard was the mayor was trying to consolidate all the various bonds the voters approved so she could funnel all the money into paying for the wonderworld extension. a person working to help get the skate park running found out and just sent an e-mail with the mayor's plans around town. once the town found out there was no way the mayor could do this because so many people opposed it and now the mayor won't do anything for the skate park out of spite for this person passing the e-mail around. no clue if it's true but if it is true people need to know because it really would show the mayor's true character.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads