Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2007, 02:38 PM  
A2

I've been waiting to chime on in this part of the discussion to see what other theories where out there.

What bedabun has said above is almost exactly the story I heard....heard from numerous reliable sources.

Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

I know she was ripping the skatepark during a Lions Club meeting.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:59 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2 View Post
I've been waiting to chime on in this part of the discussion to see what other theories where out there.

What bedabun has said above is almost exactly the story I heard....heard from numerous reliable sources.

Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

I know she was ripping the skatepark during a Lions Club meeting.
We need to get some concrete evidence in writing or video to show this or show things that point towards this theory because i think it is i just havent been able to find anyone willing to publicly admit it though they will in private. if its true thats really bad news and needs to get out ... shows the mayor cares more about revenge than the children of san marcos.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:16 PM  

San Marcos
I actually heard something similar, but it was not the Wonder World loop, which is already funded and underway. It was loop 110.

I didn't hear anything about the skate park in particular, just a rumor that the mayor was trying to kill a lot of (all) CIP projects to fund 110. I'm not even sure if the skate park is a CIP project. It's just interesting that these rumors are floating around.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:36 PM  

San Marcos
I heard it again, from a couple of people. Then I saw the quote below.

Sorry about the cross-posting. I hate that, but in this case, it seems appropriate.

"You see, I have been leading the charge to save the millions of dollars of state money for the first leg of the San Marcos Loop, or FM 110 project, since the failed county bond election last May."

http://star.txstate.edu/LetterToEditor01.html

I don't know what she means, just what I have heard, which could be peoples' interpretations of vague statements like this one.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:30 AM  

Meanwhile back to the skatepark. SPOSMAC has hired a designer to design phases 2 &3. We are having a public input meeting on Wed., 1-16, at 5 pm, at 5:30 pm, at the Parks and Rec building at the corner of hopkins and C.M. Allen. This meeting is to review the suggested designs for the mini flow area, kidney pool and bigger bowl that had already been discussed in previous public meetings and by approved by the P&R steering committee.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:55 PM  

San Marcos
And so it begins...

http://newstreamz.com/2008/01/30/cou...p-with-reality

110 is added to the list and "little pet projects" need to be dropped. Stay tuned...
Old 02-01-2008, 10:24 AM  

Well she tried it once. Let's see if the new councilperson she help get elected follows her lead. Just phase one alone brings in a lot of out of town visitors, phase two and three should increase that substantially. The park also has been really popular with students, they put her over the top.

Meanwhile back to the park again. I talked to the designer Thursday and he is going to try and get a revised phase two design to us by Monday. Hopefully we can move on that quickly and get the design to P&R so they can do the RFP for Engineering. Any engineers out there want to donate some tax deductible services?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:07 PM  

The design revisions are in. I'm going to print some copies and bring them out to the park tomorrow around 5. I'll be there for a while. Last chance for comment on the mini bowl/flow area.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:33 AM  

A couple of very positive articles on skating, maybe the county parks bond folks should read these

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/hea...6.story?page=1

http://funzonehome.blogspot.com/2008...h-skating.html

or the next city council candidate that wants to run against the skatepark as a bad thing.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 AM  

Happy B-day San Marcos Skatepark
Starting at 6pm on Saturday June 7, 2008, we (SPOSMAC) will be giving away hot dogs, chips, water, and gatorade. We will also have a big cake.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!