Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2007, 03:30 AM  

Something like Alamo Drafthouse would be nice

There is a big empty space on LBJ just north of Paper Bear that has been for sale for years. I remember thinking, how cool would it be to buy that space and put in an Alamo Drafthouse kind of venue?

I did put a call into the Realtor at one point, and they told me the building had so much mold and asbestos in it that it will be VERY expensive to renovate. Bummer... but what do other people think about a venue like that in San Marcos?

Old 09-29-2007, 11:06 AM  

yes, please do.

I think it would be a great idea. Someone was making similar noises on this board a couple of months ago, asking about the Gordo's building on the square. Apparently the owner isn't interested in selling, but I think it's still a good idea. I don't think you could serve as nice of food (at least not as expensive) as they do at the Alamo, because of the students, but I firmly believe that all movie theaters should serve beer and food.

el jefe

Old 11-05-2007, 10:44 AM  

alamo draft houst

I heard that there is going to be an Alamo Draft House at the Blanco Riverwalk. It is already under construction. If you are on I-35 just north of the river, look to the west. There is a lot of equipment over there. Yeah!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:31 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol View Post
I heard that there is going to be an Alamo Draft House at the Blanco Riverwalk. It is already under construction. If you are on I-35 just north of the river, look to the west. There is a lot of equipment over there. Yeah!
Yeah, I remember seeing in the original plans for that project and they show a Alamo Drafthouse in the mix!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads