Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2007, 06:34 PM  

San Marcos
I'm confused.

After the neighbors got on Council's case about Sagewood, a task-force was formed, consisting of 7 citizens, which was supposed to represent all interests (renters, landlords, neighbors and students) to evaluate the proposed landlord licensing and other possible solutions.

This was not a secret.

The thread here is the first I have heard of a task-force of undercover police and others, to infiltrate parties. At least, that's what I think I ma reading here. That sounds expensive and very confrontational and not good. I'd be interested to see confirmation of this.

It sounds like there may be three task forces, which is confusing to be sure.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:42 PM  

Here's Dan O'Leary on the alcohol taskforce in SMDR (I wrote it): http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archi...251174608.html

That likely would the only public mention of at all and I'd be screwed because I wrote the story. Fortunately, Chris Jones put a discussion of Sagewood-related issues on the Oct. 17 agenda. Incredibly, city admin had a whole presentation and discussion that never addressed, or even mentioned, the undercover alcohol taskforce. Chris Jones asked Dan O'Leary specifically about the article and if he was misquoted or misrepresented. We got a whole lot of waffling about how it had been suggested, yes, it was an option etc. He did not say he was misquoted or misrepresented.

Of course everyone is confused because Mr. Bose and Ms. Robertson have bent over backwards to confuse them. Similiarly, in reference to "Marshal" Ken Bell's presentation Robertson was quoted in the Austin American Statesman saying it was "overkill." But in front of the Council of Neighborhod Associations, she said she had been misquoted. I've posted his presentation about six times already but here it is so there is no confusion about the extent to which Mr. Bose and Ms. Robertson are willing to go.

The SMDR article: http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archi...251174608.html

"Marshal" Ken Bell's presentation: http://newstreamz.com/wp-content/upl...on-9-18-07.pdf

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archi...251174608.html

Old 11-03-2007, 07:05 PM  

San Marcos
Right, but the "task force" that I knew about, which was not a secret, was to evaluate Bell's proposal from all sides. That task force was a good idea. A task force of undercover cops is not such a good idea, but nothing I have heard before.

No offense, notdescript, but I was looking for confirmation that came from someone other than on this board - meeting minutes, some other news report, etc.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 PM  

so brad rollins anything yet on;

- mr. bose's finance reports
- video of mr. bose answering the question that's being run through the mill
- the audit you are trying to obtain

where did you go to request the audit from? the local county clerk?
Old 11-04-2007, 09:54 PM  

I think I have made my points. People who live in glass houses should not throw rocks at the neighbors, even if the neighbors are Texas State students. I'm willing to leave things where they are on Mr. Bose if you are. Think before you answer. (Texas Department of Criminal Justice has the audit, not the county clerk). Brad Rollins
Old 11-04-2007, 10:17 PM  

so brad rollins anything yet on;

- mr. bose's finance reports
- video of mr. bose answering the question that's being run through the mill
- the audit you are trying to obtain
Old 11-04-2007, 11:04 PM  

On second thought, I'm not going to let you answer that question on behalf of Mr. Bose because you didnt give him the courtesy of thinking through what it might mean to him. I don't take any of this lightly. Brad Rollins
Old 11-05-2007, 07:00 AM  

Norton, you claimed to know for a fact that someone from Mr. Prather's camp filmed the last debate, but your information is inaccurate. There was nobody there filming it, therefore you'll just have to go by the reports from everyone who was there. I realize how hard that's going to be for you, listening to students and actually believing them.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!