Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2005, 03:06 PM  
Old School San Marcos

Support the Bobcats

Hi folks,

I am calling out all my Bobcat brothers and sisters to be loud and proud at Bobcat Stadium on Saturday afternoon when TX ST. plays GA Southern. I know that this town is filled with SWT/TSU students and alums and we need to get some more of y'all out there cheering on the Bobcats. Our student and alumni base is so high in SM, SA and Austin, this game should already be sold out.

Put down your Texas gear, your A&M gear, and remember that you are a BOBCAT. Now get out there and make some noise!!!

Old 12-05-2005, 08:00 AM  

San Marcos
And be sure to show your spirit by throwing your garbage all over the place. This town needs more litter!

Old 12-05-2005, 07:39 PM  
Old School San Marcos

Same old rules apply. Few bad apples spoil the bunch. I tailgated on the opposite side from students (behind HEB) and the people in my immediate area policed their area. Shame a few can give us all a black eye.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:38 AM  

San Marcos
Perhaps. Of course, in my mind, some of the apples could be found across the street in UPD cars, refusing to go over and cite anyone.

And why was it that there were only a handful (5?) of people from the university there to clean up and why were they not there until Sunday?

Honestly, is this how the school wants to represent itself to the community?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:51 PM  
Old School San Marcos

Agreed. Clearly the university underestimated the necessity of cleanup and overestimated the decency of people who would trash their own school's parking lot.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:31 AM  
futureshock

The school has never had this kind of attendance to the tailgate or football games before and just didn't plan ahead for the waste management.

Trashcans were few and far between and there were too few portapotties. Yes some people are messy but the school didn't exactly go out of their way to provide any alternatives for trash. This is a simple problem to fix and I'm sure it will be handled correctly next season.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!