Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 PM  

Sweet Home San Marcos

Hello San Marcos
After 20 years away I've finally gotten home to San Marcos. The old part of town is still great. Love Tantra, Blue Goat Gourmet and Cool Mint Cafe. I have no interest in the Outlet Malls or Mall Wart. Shop locally, eat organic, save the piece of planet beneath your feet. I feel a renaissance vibe that reminds me of when I was a kid here in the seventies. I just feel so good to be home.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:25 AM  

welcome home. I feel the same way. Granted I only moved here in 94 but I know what you mean. :redface:

Old 08-18-2008, 04:18 PM  

Welcome Home Sweetheart

You're right the "old town" is still the best. From LBJ to Bishop and San Antonio to, well, Bishop again, is the only place to live in SM. Everything else is flotsam and jetsam. You've got the little HEB, Tantra, Wake The Dead, Blue Goat, Palmers and Cool Mint Cafe. You don't need anything else. You're right again about the new vibe, you can actually feel it. I heard a certain burned out luch meat hippie (his self description - I'd call him a renaissance man) say it feels like '72. Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream, you're home.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:11 PM  

There are a few enclaves outside of what you call "old town" that have the old San Marcos spirit. Special dispensation must be granted Herbert's in honor of it's revered past even if it deserves at least one less star now. Some places are hidden from most people and should stay that way. Lots of old long hairs, profs and various and sundry liberal types are returning here after years away fighting for the legal tender. The growing critical mass emits a tangible vibe. Welcome home, Marilee. Enjoy the good vibrations.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:12 PM  

welcome home Marilee

Having read a number of your posts on this forum I'm pretty sure I know you from back in the old days. I'll run into you soon. Loved your bike warning on the blue goat thread. That's where I used to live. Ring a bell?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:58 AM  

Cracks A Bell

I know who you are, Kip. Where did you get Jeepster from? We'll have to get together at Blue Goat and OD on chocolate while we catch up on old times. Some of the other posters seem familiar too. As one said, a lot of people are returning to San Marcos.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!