Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2008, 10:11 AM  

TV/Internet off of Lime Kiln Rd.

My family is moving from the other side of San Marcos into Hunter's Glen off of Lime Kiln Rd. Now she has CentrutyTel DSL and RoadRunner cable. My mom said the only TV they can get out there is satellite TV through CenturyTel, and they limit you to TWO receivers. And CenturyTel DSL is the only high speed option.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject? Shouldn't she be able to get DirectTV or DishNetwork on her own, and not be limited to two recievers?

Anyone living out there now, what do you have?

Thanks!

Schnard

Old 06-06-2008, 10:42 AM  

San Marcos
I don't live out there, but I have had DirectTV in San Marcos before and went straight through them. I can't imagine why you would need CenturyTel for the satellite, other than the phone line that plugs into the receiver, but that just uses the regular phone jack from any phone company.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:31 AM  

You can get DirectTV or Dish on your own, you don't have to go through CenturyTel. (I would recommend DirectTV). As for DSL, you're stuck with CenturyTel. The substation is close to Hunter's Glen, so you should get a good connection.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.