Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2003, 05:39 PM  

Lastly

If it helps you to bash, people for disagreeing w/ you, and makes u're balls bigger than by all means do so.

I Can be passionate about many different things, and take action whenever i want. Haven't you heard of Lobbyists, PAC's, Stuco?

MADD focuses on alcohol related things. They fight to limit drunk driving on the streets. So then it should come to no surprise when they offer little support on issues about enviromentalism, or senior citizen rights, or civil liberties. So Would u call them over zealous for fighting on one thing and yet not others??

Yup you'd prolly would, because you're so close-minded.
I'm entitled to my own opinion, as well are you. If prop 12 struck a chord within me that interferes w/ my political beliefs, then gosh darnit i'm gonna see to it, that I take a part in it.

Overzealous? Naw, politically aware...yes

Old 09-07-2003, 05:40 PM  

poor california

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.ht...utlook/2084627
Quote:
Californians have learned the hard way that limiting the right of citizens to go to court -- such as proposed by Proposition 12 -- doesn't lower insurance premiums. It's just a power grab by special interests and the politicians.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:18 AM  
A2

Great debate.....

If you pay someone to cut into you to remove your liver, and they take out your splean instead, it's your fault for letting an idiot cut into you.

I don't have insurance. I can afford it (barely) , but choose not to.

If I ever had to go to the hospital and the bills pilled up, I would take a note out from the bank to pay them back. I'ld still come out ahead, after figureing all the money I've saved not paying for insurance the past 10 years.

If you ask me, and no one is, I would vote yes on #12.
Lawyers, need to be undercontrol of the people.

A2

Money seems to be the only cure all.
It cures everyone of everything, from getting hit by a drunk, to feeling bad your dog died on the vets operating table.

If a doctor ****ed me up, I would never sue him. If he wanted to give me some money to make up for it, fine.

You two have a great debate goin'. I'm glad you've been able to keep it civil.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:56 PM  

Hey there,

Quote:
If you pay someone to cut into you to remove your liver, and they take out your splean instead, it's your fault for letting an idiot cut into you.
Wow that is a very straight forward opinion. Asserting that the patient's needs lies within what he/she deems neccessary.
The patient chooses to an operation not based on status of health, but rather because they want to feel "new again". Downfall to this, according to this view, is that if it's not broke don't fix it. Otherwise you risk making matters worse...

Cool, can't argue there, that's your way of life, and opinion.

My opinion, is that we're not all doctors, teachers, scientists, pharmacists, hackers, engineers, and the list goes on. When we need a service done to us, through one of the above list, we seek their proffesionalism.

Furthermore, in return we get our needs fixed, and the professional, gets a form of payment in return.

Wut good is this system is doctors are allowed to take haphazard shots at patients who know nothing of the art of medicine? Or, if a pc tech repairman charges 150 bucks to install windows, and instead erases your hard drive.

We, pursue these people for a service, and most doctors know this.

Quote:
If I ever had to go to the hospital and the bills pilled up, I would take a note out from the bank to pay them back. I'ld still come out ahead, after figureing all the money I've saved not paying for insurance the past 10 years.
Insurance has risen, we both know this...well at least some of us.
Quote:
listen genious.... YOUR insurence doesn't budge. You are not an M.D. or other Medical Profesional who carries Malpractice insurence.
With the acceptance of HB4, that is effective this sept 1 2003, the award amount for non eco damages is capped.

Thus eliminating the "lottery system" that so many people see this malpractice suits as.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:03 PM  

The Bashing is over, I have no desire to continue upon this track of discussion. I respect your view and vote. That is all.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:55 AM  

Jaed, two words, Microsoft Word. It helps the so called "edu'macated" like yourself with simple grammar and spelling. Is "governance" even a real word?

Its funny to see someone trying to present themselves as intellectually superior and they can't even spell. What junior college did you attend?

As far as the issue at hand, I will need to do some research to make my own informed decision.

As VP of a business in Houston, I deal with big insurance companies on a frequent basis. My opinion is that they are ALL scam artists. The entire insurance industry is one giant crock of **** to me. Pay your premiums on time for 5 years w/ no claims and the minute you have one claim, BAM your rate doubles.

Workers Comp is B.S. also. The entire system is exploited by these quacks called "chiropractors". For some reason, they are recognized as doctors by the system, which is ludicrous. Twist an ankle and go to the chiropractor, they will put you as unable to work for as long as you want to sit on your lazy ass. I see it all the time. Then there are the workers comp lawyers (aka ambulance chasers), notice their commercials are during the day when the lazy are on their asses. "I got $200,000 out of my injury!" they claim. Sickening.

Simply put, our system caters to the lazy. From welfare to workers comp to unemployment benefits. It all needs to be reformed.

Thats my take, Im out.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:10 PM  
A2

Vanilla Tootsie Roll

I think that money is the new cure all.....
Think about it, money cures everything... From a doctor makin' a mistake on you, to someone running into you, to being fat 'cause you ate at Mcdonalds, to some one hijackin a plane and flying into your wife/husband, to spilling gas on yourself.

Money really does make the world go round....

Hey I'll be the first to admitt that I love when people ride my ass while driving... 'cause everytime I slam on my brakes and I know that one time some one is going to hit me and I'll never have to work again.....

Where's my check and apple pie....

PS. A2 is no more......From now on I will be known as Vanilla Tootsie Roll

Oh Yeah, and Tootsie doesn't come up in Words Dicktionary....
Spelling and Gramar are for the rich and overeducated...

Much Love,
A2...no no I mean

Vanilla Tootsie Roll

Old 09-11-2003, 08:59 PM  

We know money is the cure all...but what are you saying ? Cap or no Cap. Yay, Nay prop 12

Money buys different things, life, death, happiness, sadness.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:33 AM  

Cap or no cap.

I think there may be a correlation between not being able to retire off another's mistakes, and long term quality and accessibility of health care.

I would like to see frivolous lawsuits discouraged and stop the ever-popular trend of capitalizing on services that have inherent risks. I believe establishing some form of a cap may be a good step in thwarting this trend. However, it could also encourage more illegitimate services as a result of lower penalties. This is speculation of course.

In similar bills other states have experienced some relief from caps placed on "pain & suffering" awards, and the courts may be less clogged with the sedentary home-dwellers looking to earn ridiculous sums of money from what may be relatively simple human errors. Human error, of course, when measured against permanently disabling mistakes is hard to quantify, and there may not be a globally equitable solution for each individual case. Still, as every case may be special and have special scenarios, it would seem a little strange to say that a person's physical ability and comfort is worth only so much. The understandable catch.

All-in-all I agree with re-establishing the mindset that that when we seek medical help it is still only a form of care, and subject to risk just like flying in a commercial jetliner.

What I would LOVE to see happen as a result of this is the eventual reduction of medical insurance and malpractice insurance, and the public recognition that health insurance is not a "get out of jail free card," and just because you have it isn't a license to eat poorly, not exercise, and basically ignore your own state of health.

Insurance has helped many, but more than anything it has trained us to live in deliberate ignorance of our own health, habilitated our dependency on drugs and medical intervention as opposed to prevention, and rely almost exclusively on the miracle of modern medical care to save us from ourselves.

It's not a perfect answer, but a cap wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.

- MA
Old 09-12-2003, 02:31 PM  

It would be great if, before you post to read past posts on the topic.

You view the cap as a way to stop frivolous lawsuits, but HB4 has already been passed and was specifically designed to do so.

HJR3, or prop 12, would only stem off of HB4, and give the legislators control over the courts. We don't need a change in our constitution for that.

Frivolous lawsuits are a problem, but there are other ways to combat the issue, and prop 12's misleading agenda is not the answer.

It tricks people like you, into thinking we texans will receive cuts in insurance, or stop lawsuits because there is a cap. But that is all just speculation, whose to say the Big Business and insurance companies will pass the savings on to us?

I have listed a link in an earlier post about MICRA, californias, attempt to cap lawsuits as well. Which is why rereading past posts is favorable.

Furthermore, prop 12 is being held during sept, when normally voting for such cases doesn't happen. It's trying to hide within all the other charitable props, such as dontating used fire/police equipment to other places, so that it would only seem suitable prop 12 would benefit the people.

Lastly, the prop 12 includes the words and "other actions". I don't know how to make this anymore clearer, but that can be, and will be interpretated to include manufacturer defects, drunk driving incidents, rape, assault, and the list goes on.

Big business need more than a slap on the wrist, and the words "other actions" helps them to continue to lag around because the fine will only be 250,000 compensation for the victim.

If we truely want lower premiums, and stop frivolous lawsuits, then lets rally for that cause. By voting no on prop 12, we will be telling our legislators, and big business, that we texans care about the power in the courts, and should seek an alternate way to work in conjunction w/ HB4, to lower premiums, and stop frivolous lawsuits.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!