Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2008, 11:36 AM  

Water going up in price 5%

Am I the only one who thinks that the city is freaking crazy for raising the water price by 5% for it's already overly-expensive water?

I've lived in communities all around the area (kyle, SM outskirts, etc..) and have NEVER had water so expensive. What gives?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:45 PM  

San Marcos
It just doesn't seem that expensive to me. I use about 4500 gallons per month and there have been a few months when I've put down new seed or something, when I used several times that amount and my bill was still pretty low.

Of course, we all have different pain thresholds. I'm sure that for many it is already too expensive.

I'd like to see more year-round conservation for sure.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:19 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
It just doesn't seem that expensive to me. I use about 4500 gallons per month and there have been a few months when I've put down new seed or something, when I used several times that amount and my bill was still pretty low.

Of course, we all have different pain thresholds. I'm sure that for many it is already too expensive.

I'd like to see more year-round conservation for sure.
Being that I work for Texas Parks and Wildlife I'd have to agree, I'd love to see more year-round water conservation.

However there is no disputing that San Marcos water is the 2nd most expensive water in the state. One merely has to do the research. I don't remember off hand, but the most expensive place is in west Texas where drought is always a problem.

We do have drought conditions here at times, but nothing any different than our nearby locales deal with.

I just think our water prices should be more comparable to our neighboring communities. I never had a water bill over $40 in Kyle, and here, even if use absolutely NO water, I still have to pay $80 minimum just for the meter connection.

To me that just seems a little excessive. Maybe it's just me though...
Old 09-05-2008, 05:57 PM  

San Marcos
I guess I'll have to google around for water rates. I just got my bill and the base charge for water, waste water and drainage is $46. The total water bill is $70 - $32 for water, $33 for waste water and $4.50 for drainage.

Did you have a septic tank in Kyle?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:30 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-native View Post
I guess I'll have to google around for water rates. I just got my bill and the base charge for water, waste water and drainage is $46. The total water bill is $70 - $32 for water, $33 for waste water and $4.50 for drainage.

Did you have a septic tank in Kyle?
No, I was on a city connection in the plum creek subdivision.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:22 AM  
LMC

No To Increased Water Rate

I will oppose and have always publicly opposed any increase on water rates. This has several implications on our citizenry which I will specifically articulate during the debates. I will follow up post to 78666.com

Please remember, that 20 years ago I used to research via Freedom of Information Act requests where these expenditures were going. I have ALWAYS been opposed to increased water rates. I will also be providing a little history of promises that were made to the citizens and not kept regarding specifically this issue.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:57 AM  
LMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Being that I work for Texas Parks and Wildlife I'd have to agree, I'd love to see more year-round water conservation.

However there is no disputing that San Marcos water is the 2nd most expensive water in the state. One merely has to do the research. I don't remember off hand, but the most expensive place is in west Texas where drought is always a problem.

We do have drought conditions here at times, but nothing any different than our nearby locales deal with.

I just think our water prices should be more comparable to our neighboring communities. I never had a water bill over $40 in Kyle, and here, even if use absolutely NO water, I still have to pay $80 minimum just for the meter connection.

To me that just seems a little excessive. Maybe it's just me though...

This is so well articulated. WE have traditionally had the highest rates and there is a little bit of history attributed with this that I will be discussing at the upcoming debates next week. Let me be clear I am opposed to ANY increased water rates. More information posted to 78666.com next week. Best Regards, Lisa Marie
Old 11-04-2008, 09:56 AM  
Unregistered

I wish the city would conserve using rain water collection for irrigation on public buildings.

Then offer tax incentives for citizens to do the same as well as installing solar panels like Austin does.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.